• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fast forward over a year later. I just joined a key club, 24/7 fitness center, however I'm still battling agoraphobia, as in the last five visits, I've had to leave twice, once without even getting anything done. Talked to my social worker about it, and asked about some exercises I could do to relax while I'm out and about. I'm seriously thinking about going to a psychologist though, because I think they'd be able to pinpoint exactly how my brain is functioning during these anxiety-inducing moments.

I don't have social anxiety anymore, but gyms really trip me out. I just feel really stupid and out of place in them. It's really hard too and I hate working out. I went and worked with a personal trainer a couple of times but he pushed me hard and I didn't tell him it was too much too soon and overdid it and soured on it and didn't go back. Kind of hate myself for that. Now I'm back to my old bad habits eating fast food and smoking. I really want to go back to a gym but I just feel so stupid there. How can I overcome this?

when i was in school and when we had gym or pe i usaly sat and watched the kids insted joining them i think i was afraid that if i made a mistake and every one would get angry with me and laugh at me

New Threads

Top Bottom