• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greetings from a self-suspected Aspie

fiddolbrfrho

Hello everyone. =)

I have recently begun researching Aspergers and reading accounts of life experiences from Aspies and I feel this excitement, like I may be close to discovering what it is that has 'always been wrong' with me, crippled my ability to socialize process emotion and just be 'human'.

I plan to see a psychiatrist soon, as I know it is impossible to self-diagnose. I have been stimming since I was a very young child (I rock back and forth even as I type this... I always do it when sitting and nobody is watching because it helps me relax and concentrate). I have always obsessed over weird ideas and interests, my natural thoughts are pre-verbal and in social situations I feel like a robot or alien, going to great lengths to figure out how to act human, which is an endless struggle.

Anyway, whatever I am I definitely relate to the syndrome in a plethora of ways, so I am happy to become a member of your online community in my quest for greater self-awareness, coping and understanding.

Thanks Dolby. I'm not sure if there's a diagnosis I want, but a good diagnosis would definitely be helpful in sorting out my perception of myself. I've considered I may be all sorts of things, from narcissistic to sociopathic, but I've discredited those ideas completely after meeting people who really were those things and noticing how different they are from me. Psychology is fascinating.

New Threads

Top Bottom