• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Gardening

I dabble in some veggies in a container garden.
This year it is kohlrabi,brussel sprouts,cabbage,spearmint,peppermint and onions.

I didn't get my potatoes in this year.

View attachment 34517

I want to play with an aquaponics setup next year so I can add fish to the mix :)
Brilliant. Ive got pineapple mint this year plus chillie's , garlic, tomato.and chive. Havent done much vegetables this year as im obsessed with plug plants at the mo...!

Now that I am on the ground floor I can explore this more.

This year I have hanging baskets: two fuchsias (for the hummingbirds) a big begonia in sunset colors, and a hanging bag of something with spiky foliage and colorful flowers.

IMG_7485.JPG

Some lovely pictures from previous posters. I also enjoy gardening. At present I am organinsing the front yard of a newly established house. Just planted some Pittosporum Screenmaster a few days ago as a hedge (eventually, when it grows into it). At present I am having a terrible time trying to decide on what standard roses to pick. I love roses and I am a very indecisive person which is not a good mix. As of this evening I finally narrowed it down to Mister Lincoln, Joyfulness, Gold Bunny, Abraham Darby, Chicago Peace, Sexy Rexy and Papa Meilland. The hope is that I will be able to have fragrance as well as colour and several of them are good as cut flowers. We have had some very cold frosty nights here the last month and the Nandina have turned their lovely shade of scarlet which is most pleasing.

I am also a plant rescuer, in that I like to go to the discounted plants section and take plants near death and perk them up again. I managed to get several very sick looking chrysanthemum varieties for cheap after mother's day and after de-bugging them, giving them a "haircut" and re-potting them they look pretty happy.

13754318_10209659062930921_1474069671386402821_n.jpg
13699447_1183841315000942_2086540172_o.jpg
13699327_1183841515000922_727931552_o.jpg
I too am a gardener; inside the house and outside. This year doing beans, summer squash, spinach, blueberries, pumpkins and of course plenty of cucumbers and tomatoes. I love my zinnia garden which I plant every year; attracts many butterflies and I planted marigolds, petunias, begonias and dragged my hibiscus out which did wonderfully inside this winter however not doing too well outside. I totally agree, its a great activity which brings one a sense of pride along with working outside and getting in touch with the earth. Beautiful pictures posted, guys; so impressed! My pics are from last year; too early here in Iowa but everything growing profusely due to hot humid weather. Hoping for an early crop of veggies this year; spinach is ready to eat but sure look forward to eating home grown cucumbers and tomatoes.

Does anyone like gardening or growing things in general? I like gardening as it relaxs me..! Its good for the soul. Im in the garden all year round..! Its my hobby and obsession. Ive tried to post some photos but my phone is unable to do this, which is annoying me.. Hey ho :)
gardening is one of my favourite things to do,i am not very good at it but i like it, and i keep meaning to go to my local allotment club for people with learning [intellectual] disability but it clashes with other routine activities or just my rotten mental health.

i think gardening is calming,its a living thing your working with and it doesnt answer you back or make fun of you,it needs you to nurture it,gardening is great.

my dad is aspie and is completely obsessed with gardening and his allotment,i often go to his allotment as hes got a pond in it with lots of frogs.

oh PS. i forgot to add,make sure to watch the new series of 'the autistic gardener' on channel four this coming saturday [UK],its a great show even if your not that into gardening.

Yes the autistic gardener is brilliant, im looking forward to seeing it again, wish i had an allotment, very long waiting list for one in my area.. The garden is our canvas and the flowers our paint..! I get frogs in from time to time, for me nature is the most powerfull thing on this earth, its really beautiful to......!:)

I rarely see frogs but i get a large hedgehog eating the food i put out for cats think a fox comes half way through the night saw it once running up the street its always wonderful to see
Yes the autistic gardener is brilliant, im looking forward to seeing it again, wish i had an allotment, very long waiting list for one in my area.. The garden is our canvas and the flowers our paint..! I get frogs in from time to time, for me nature is the most powerfull thing on this earth, its really beautiful to......!:)

I rarely see frogs but i get a large hedgehog eating the food i put out for cats think a fox comes half way through the night saw it once running up the street its always wonderful to see
I get hedgehogs in during summer so nice to see, the foxs here are beautiful , they bury eggs around peoples gardens, baffled by how they have so many eggs all the time..! Used to feed them a lot but its a funny neighbourhood where people dont want them encouraged in, it aint the foxs fault its just doing what comes naturally. ..!

Nobody likes anything but dogs and small dogs
somebody is feeding your foxes
must bring them from a distance

Meant dogs and small birds i cant remember if IM allowed to say this on this topic
my memory is zero i just cant!!!!!!remember the last 17 years very well or nothing

Meant dogs and small birds i cant remember if IM allowed to say this on this topic
my memory is zero i just cant!!!!!!remember the last 17 years very well or nothing
Dont worry about it mate i cant even remember what i done this morning. The eggs are always stamped with a logo so yes someones feeding them..!

ThaNks ill have to plant next year remember the strange picture one of our cats years ago eating catnip down to the root
and theres something about milk thistle tess our cat liked ,it ate that down to the root .
i remember its good for the immune system and kidneys

Some lovely pictures from previous posters. I also enjoy gardening. At present I am organinsing the front yard of a newly established house. Just planted some Pittosporum Screenmaster a few days ago as a hedge (eventually, when it grows into it). At present I am having a terrible time trying to decide on what standard roses to pick. I love roses and I am a very indecisive person which is not a good mix. As of this evening I finally narrowed it down to Mister Lincoln, Joyfulness, Gold Bunny, Abraham Darby, Chicago Peace, Sexy Rexy and Papa Meilland. The hope is that I will be able to have fragrance as well as colour and several of them are good as cut flowers. We have had some very cold frosty nights here the last month and the Nandina have turned their lovely shade of scarlet which is most pleasing.

I am also a plant rescuer, in that I like to go to the discounted plants section and take plants near death and perk them up again. I managed to get several very sick looking chrysanthemum varieties for cheap after mother's day and after de-bugging them, giving them a "haircut" and re-potting them they look pretty happy.
Im a plant rescuer too, and strongly believe certain shops shouldnt be allowed to sell plants as they dont water them while they are stocking them. It comes under a form of neglect of wildlife, why leave something to die and have the cheek to try to make a profit on them...! Its disgusting...!

New Threads

Top Bottom