• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Gardening

Danny 74

Does anyone like gardening or growing things in general? I like gardening as it relaxs me..! Its good for the soul. Im in the garden all year round..! Its my hobby and obsession. Ive tried to post some photos but my phone is unable to do this, which is annoying me.. Hey ho :)

20170611_121723.jpg

Me, it's one of those amazing things that has fascinated me since I was a child and was part of the four h club. You bury seeds or plants in the dirt and the earth grows them all by itself with a little rain and sun! This planet never ceases to interest me. In the summers, I'm either biking, painting or in the garden.

I have a garden but I'm mostly into house plants right now. What I have been doing lately is starting new plants from cuttings.

They are blue lobelia.. In july they glow at dusk.. Looks like little lamps its my favorite. .! Got about 30 of them scattered around. ..!:)

Looked them up and it seems they prefer, moist, rich soil. You are doing a great job with them. I would kill them. But they are beautiful.

I do like gardening, I miss having one. I've grown some rather large sunflowers. Right now I just grow cacti in pots, particularly the spiky kind. Such mean-looking little plants, it's adorable. I also guerilla-garden catnip, planting it wherever I can for all the stray/outdoor cats around. It grows easy, doesn't really need any attention.

Notice that you have several purple allium's Danny, so do I. Like how they are so tall and wave with the wind and have no leaves on the long stalk except at the bottom.

What are the almost cobalt blue flower called
IM always drawn to striking blue colours
liked it but IVE suffered muscle pain for a long time and that prevents leisurely gardening:'(
Still try to plant a few bulbs in a container
i always wanted a huge garden

I dabble in some veggies in a container garden.
This year it is kohlrabi,brussel sprouts,cabbage,spearmint,peppermint and onions.

I didn't get my potatoes in this year.

20170612_190213.jpg

I want to play with an aquaponics setup next year so I can add fish to the mix :)

Notice that you have several purple allium's Danny, so do I. Like how they are so tall and wave with the wind and have no leaves on the long stalk except at the bottom.
Yes they are allium globe master , just dying off now...very nice flower..!

Gardening has always been my favourite hobby. Getting hard to do because of my muscle pains too. But, I love plants/flowers. I grow Butterfly Milkweed a lot of it for the Monarchs. Lots of different outdoor plants. I like the cacti and desert look ones. Living in a hot climate they are easy to care for. Bromeliads and orchids are favourites too. Gardening IS good for the soul. I'll put some photos under my media.
001.JPG

What are the almost cobalt blue flower called
IM always drawn to striking blue colours
liked it but IVE suffered muscle pain for a long time and that prevents leisurely gardening:'(
Still try to plant a few bulbs in a container
i always wanted a huge garden
Them blue flowers i have are crystal palace blue lobelia.. Such a beautiful plug plant..

I also enjoy gardening, I have 2 (overgrown) gardens and a vegetable garden. When I'm in the dirt barefoot and barehanded all dirty and sweating I am at my happiest. It's the only time my mind can really relax.

New Threads

Top Bottom