• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Forgiveness?

People have used my forgiveness as a way of starting to (metaphorically) attack me again whilst I'd "let my guard down". As a result, I find it difficult to forgive people who've been malicious towards me.

Last edited:
People have used my forgiveness as a way of starting to attack me again whilst I'd "let my guard down". As a result, I find it difficult to forgive people who've been malicious towards me.

What a horrible thing for someone to do! It seems like you have a good warm heart!

I just try not to hold on to negative emotions for very long. Of course I recall an NT girlfriend who once was exasperated with me after I told her I don't do envy or jealousy. Go figure.

I used to , but now I am good at forgiving anyone who acts like they really want it. I think of all the times I realize I hurt someones feelings now, just because I did not understand things (like I have Aspergers), and I hope they will forgive me. I just want to be at peace with the world.
I love on people and try to be helpful and a positive influence whenever I can.

I just try not to hold on to negative emotions for very long. Of course I recall an NT girlfriend who once was exasperated with me after I told her I don't do envy or jealousy. Go figure.

I have a hard time deciding when and whether it's worth it to forgive. It's so easy for me to cut friends off like it was all nothing. I really want to learn how better myself in this way.

I used to , but now I am good at forgiving anyone who acts like they really want it. I think of all the times I realize I hurt someones feelings now, just because I did not understand things (like I have Aspergers), and I hope they will forgive me. I just want to be at peace with the world.
I love on people and try to be helpful and a positive influence whenever I can.

I really like this and hope I can be like this one day! I enjoy all of your feedback, you're great :)

I don't have a problem with holding a grudge, lol. Though I won't make it my top priority. I guess I'm one of those people who will look at any grudge when he's bored... though I actively avoid boredom.

I have a hard time deciding when and whether it's worth it to forgive. It's so easy for me to cut friends off like it was all nothing. I really want to learn how better myself in this way.

Working in the corporate world really helped me in not "burning my bridges" with people. It's not always easy, but when something bad happens I usually try to step back from a situation rather than explode over it.

I just see friendships as a rare commodity....something not to be treated lightly.

I don't have a problem with holding a grudge, lol. Though I won't make it my top priority. I guess I'm one of those people who will look at any grudge when he's bored... though I actively avoid boredom.

Boredom... It killllls me. I can't. Sitting in a full waiting area for something is the worst! It's a bunch of people doing nothing and they are okay with it! Meanwhile I'm trying to people watch and not get caught or not get caught staring at a wall deep in thought.

Haha.. That rhymed :)

I'm kind of weird like this. If somebody (in my eyes) has insulted me or done me wrong, I get absolutely furious. Not to their faces, because I don't like confrontation, but behind closed doors I might stew about it or even get incredibly outwardly angry. However, if I'm then told (usually by my wife) that no offense was intended, and she gives me a good reason why, my anger - no matter how violent - immediately evaporates and I forget all about it.

NOTE: This does not count for my wife. She's one of the only people I feel secure enough to be honest with. If she offends me, I just tell her so, and we discuss it like adults. I usually don't even need to bring emotions into it, because trying to have a discussion like that whilst emotional is like trying to hand-write a letter in a moving vehicle - all it does it mess you up and cloud your judgement.

However, without a good reason to overlook it, I can stew on something for YEARS. There are things people have said to me six or seven years ago that I still haven't forgiven, but won't bring up. I know that's bad, but I'd really rather be a bit miffed then have a great big row over it, that does nothing but pump more negativity into a relationship.

Boredom... It killllls me. I can't. Sitting in a full waiting area for something is the worst! It's a bunch of people doing nothing and they are okay with it! Meanwhile I'm trying to people watch and not get caught or not get caught staring at a wall deep in thought.

Haha.. That rhymed :)

I'm not much of a person for boredom either. The last time I actually was bored has been years ago. I either got stuff to do or stuff on my mind. Much like yourself, Boredom kills me, lol

no,not at all.
in own world,every day starts anew and any problems are forgotten,however if am abused,bullied etc long term or if support staff make massive mistakes will fear them and find it impossible to forget what they did,but not in the same mannor as grudging or lacking forgiveness.

I'm kind of weird like this. If somebody (in my eyes) has insulted me or done me wrong, I get absolutely furious. Not to their faces, because I don't like confrontation, but behind closed doors I might stew about it or even get incredibly outwardly angry. However, if I'm then told (usually by my wife) that no offense was intended, and she gives me a good reason why, my anger - no matter how violent - immediately evaporates and I forget all about it.

However, without a good reason to overlook it, I can stew on something for YEARS. There are things people have said to me six or seven years ago that I still haven't forgiven, but won't bring up. I know that's bad, but I'd really rather be a bit miffed then have a great big row over it, that does nothing but pump more negativity into a relationship.

THAT IS ME 100%!! I will even tell the person who pissed me off that I'm fine and everything is okay and then I will try everything I can to avoid talking about it or even see them again. On the other hand I can be the most loving and supportive friend but that's until something puts me off. ):

no,not at all.
in own world,every day starts anew and any problems are forgotten,however if am abused,bullied etc long term or if support staff make massive mistakes will fear them and find it impossible to forget what they did,but not in the same mannor as grudging or lacking forgiveness.

I started off reading this with a smile which quickly turned into concern ): that is truly a beautiful way to live life. I want to work up to this!

I'm not much of a person for boredom either. The last time I actually was bored has been years ago. I either got stuff to do or stuff on my mind. Much like yourself, Boredom kills me, lol
When everything is done and I have nothing to talk about with my partner I am addicted to my phone. Probably why my eyesight is declining... :0

Working in the corporate world really helped me in not "burning my bridges" with people. It's not always easy, but when something bad happens I usually try to step back from a situation rather than explode over it.

I just see friendships as a rare commodity....something not to be treated lightly.

Since being out of high school i have learned the true meaning of friendship and have learned to value my closest. I use to jump right into a friendship with anyone and it hit my self esteem pretty hard when things when wrong. I had that desperate need to fit in and be liked by everyone. What a waste of energy for a high school student. SO glad that's over with.

Bed time for this girl! I've got a twelve hour work day ahead of me starting at 3:30am :eek: it was great chatting and I look forward to coming back tomorrow on my breaks! :) :)

New Threads

Top Bottom