• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Five Teens Charged In Ice Bucket Attack On Teen With Autism

Brent

Administrator
Five juveniles have been charged in the Ice Bucket Challenge attack on a 15-year-old with autism.

Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Timothy J. McGinty announced Tuesday afternoon that based on evidence gathered during a thorough investigation by the Bay Village Police Department, three of the juveniles were charged with two counts of delinquency, assault and disorderly conduct; the other two juveniles were each charged with a single count of disorderly conduct.

The teens– who range in age from 14-16– are accused of dumping a bucket of human waste and tobacco spit over the teen’s head on Aug. 18; it was captured on video.

A team of prosecutors from the Juvenile Division of the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office reviewed the evidence in consultation with Bay Village police and recommended charges.

The prosecutor’s office said the evidence indicates the five teens who are charged were friends with the victim and regularly did things together; the victim was invited to one of the other boy’s homes to take part in the ALS Challenge.

In a press release, First Assistant County Prosecutor Duane Deskins, who heads the office’s Juvenile Division, said, “The victim and the five charged juveniles were and are friends and classmates. They regularly associate with one another and, at times, engage in distasteful and sophomoric pranks. However, this incident is clearly different. It crossed a moral and legal line, and even the five alleged perpetrators understand that and have expressed regret.”

Bay Village police will ask the three juveniles facing more serious charges to come to the police station with their parents to surrender and be booked. They will then be released pending an appearance in Juvenile Court; the other two juveniles will be summoned to appear before the Juvenile Court Intake and Diversion Office.

The victim’s family has been consulted and agrees with the charges.

The attack caused outrage across the nation. Celebrities like Cleveland’s Drew Carey and Jenny McCarthy offered money to aid in the investigation.

Source: Five teens charged in Ice Bucket Challenge attack on teen with autism | fox8.com

I agree, most kids my age back then treated me like crap. My friends were mostly adults in the local model train club and others I met at the local hobby shop. Even when I raced RC off road buggies, I kept to myself and didn't really associate with the other kids. Mike

Woah, this is freaking disgusting. At first, I thought this would be about how they dumped ice on someone's head without permission, but this is freaking messed up. They deserve punishment for such a hate crime.

New Threads

Top Bottom