• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

StormchaserNYC

This is my first post on aspie central.

I was diagnosed as pdd-now as a toddler, which by age 11 the diagnosis became changed to asperger's.

When I was in public school, I had very ableist and reactionary staff who frequently punish me for things other students did comma especially I got punished more if I talk back to the teacher and flexed my rights over the unfair treatment.

Because I was constantly beat up and bullied, I began to believe that I was cursed and I began to do a lot of rituals and because of that I was diagnosed with OCD and generalized anxiety disorder since I became paranoid that every day I was going to get set up and punished for something I did not do since that was now a common occurrence.

My mom put me out of public school and send me to a special needs School where my emotional needs were met, but my educational needs were not net as quite, so it took me a bit longer to graduate and get my high school diploma from the school system that paid for my six year boarding school Stay.

Today I am working on getting a degree in broadcast meteorology since I plan on hopefully becoming a TV meteorologist if no more ablelist forces get in my way, or nothing else goes wrong.

Ah, I was different. I was a very quiet kid who kept to himself and tried to blend in with the furniture to avoid attention with adults. I did get some help, I went to a speech and language unit in the early days because I was somewhat late talking and they helped me learn how to play with others. I got bullied too though, I mostly just lived with it and only occasionally was it obvious to others like one time I was physically attacked just outside of school. I only recently got diagnosed, at the age of 24.

I hope you're successful in getting the job you want in the future.

Welcome.

giphy (10).gif

New Threads

Top Bottom