• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

ZebraAutismo

V.I.P Member
All over my facebook I am seeing people complain about fiddle cubes, spinners etc but why. Since fiddle toys have come on to the mainstream market they are getting a lot of bad press. I always have a fiddle toy such as a tangle or snake with me to stop me scratch my hands and keep my anxiety at bay. However since the fidget cube phone on people have been making negative comments about my use of them.

Anyone else experienced this or just me.

Someone found my silicone foot fidget a bit odd, other than that, no comments. Could just be that most of the time I hang out with people who like fidgets. One of my friends even buys me a fidget every time he buys himself a fidget.:)

There are always those people who can't quite mind their own business and have to be negative about other people's personal stuff that is no way infringing on anyone else's anything. Try and stay as far away from these people as possible:eek:.

Why do they complain? Maybe it's a hobby. Really seems strange that anyone would care if you like a fidget toy(or two or three or....). Those are the type of people who keep me away from Facebook.

Someone found my silicone foot fidget a bit odd, other than that, no comments. Could just be that most of the time I hang out with people who like fidgets. One of my friends even buys me a fidget every time he buys himself a fidget.:)

There are always those people who can't quite mind their own business and have to be negative about other people's personal stuff that is no way infringing on anyone else's anything. Try and stay as far away from these people as possible:eek:.

Why do they complain? Maybe it's a hobby. Really seems strange that anyone would care if you like a fidget toy(or two or three or....). Those are the type of people who keep me away from Facebook.
Thanks for the outlook.

All over my facebook I am seeing people complain about fiddle cubes, spinners etc but why. Since fiddle toys have come on to the mainstream market they are getting a lot of bad press. I always have a fiddle toy such as a tangle or snake with me to stop me scratch my hands and keep my anxiety at bay. However since the fidget cube phone on people have been making negative comments about my use of them.

Anyone else experienced this or just me.

It wouldn't surprise me. I can see how many in NT world would disparage such things on general principle.

Purely out of ignorance for the Neurodiverse.

Facebook - the home of duck lips, poorly recorded street brawls, like and share nonsense, biased political ramblings...yet fidget toys are somehow ostracized? Why is this bothering people anyways?

The problem isn't with you, it's with Facebook. Sounds like you need a change of company if they feel compelled to point it out to you.

Facebook - the home of duck lips, poorly recorded street brawls, like and share nonsense, biased political ramblings...yet fidget toys are somehow ostracized? Why is this bothering people anyways?

The problem isn't with you, it's with Facebook. Sounds like you need a change of company if they feel compelled to point it out to you.
True in regards to Facebook I rarely check is it just annoys me. Wither people in "the real world" I try to stick to people who support me and don't put me down however this is not always possible.

being on a different part of the spectrum,people around me accept me and my sensory or fiddle toys without a problem,a lot of mine are designed for babies and i think ive only ever had one support staff whose never worked with classic autism or learning/intellectual disability before-tell me that i need to buy age apropriate things so i thought f- you and carried on with my life,she never worked with me luckily,id have argued with her.

if anyone had an issue with something of mine i would argue it out with them but i havent had to do that with anyone as yet,people see me and think i must need them,stereotyping those whose autism is obvious.

ITS THE HUMAN EQUIVALENT OF THE ANIMAL REACTION TO WEAKNESS DEATH
ABANDONING A WEAK ANIMAL OR EATING IT
HUMANS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN MADE SECURE ABOUT WEAKNESS
RELY ON BASE STRENGTHS RELAYING THE WE ARE STRONG PHYSICALLY YOU HAVE TO BE STOPPED ELIMINATED

being on a different part of the spectrum,people around me accept me and my sensory or fiddle toys without a problem,a lot of mine are designed for babies and i think ive only ever had one support staff whose never worked with classic autism or learning/intellectual disability before-tell me that i need to buy age apropriate things so i thought f- you and carried on with my life,she never worked with me luckily,id have argued with her.

if anyone had an issue with something of mine i would argue it out with them but i havent had to do that with anyone as yet,people see me and think i must need them,stereotyping those whose autism is obvious.
See even that surprises me because I volenreer with a young girl with low functioning autism who makes animal sounds and such. Her Mum says the thing people are always questioning is the fiddle toy not the biting, screaming etc.

Any adaption or aid I have ever used has been questioned problem because up until now I have been in a "main stream" environment where even england he'd text books and writing slopes were questioned as people never quite understand what made wrong and never quite fit in with the two catorgies people have "Normal" or "special needs".

its a mental illness but its in the category malignant not benign
like schizophrenia from societys point of view
dont have the know to differentiate between violent psychosis and non violent psychosis

SADLY PRIMATES LIKE LEMUR HAVE ARE SECURE ABOUT WEAKNESS JUST DONT HAVE ULTIMATE HEALING POWER REMEMBER S A HEARTBREAKING SCENE OF A RING TAIL LEMUR ABANDONING ITS DEAD BABY BUT TEARING ITSELF TO LEAVE THE DEAD BABY HUMANS ARE THE ONLY UNNATURAL DECEITFUL SPECIES ABOUT WEAKNESS THIS DOES NOT APPLY IF THEY ARE EDUCATED ABOUT TOLERANCE AND BECOME BENIGN
ITS THE HUMAN EQUIVALENT OF THE ANIMAL REACTION TO WEAKNESS DEATH
ABANDONING A WEAK ANIMAL OR EATING IT
HUMANS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN MADE SECURE ABOUT WEAKNESS
RELY ON BASE STRENGTHS RELAYING THE WE ARE STRONG PHYSICALLY YOU HAVE TO BE STOPPED ELIMINATED

See even that surprises me because I volenreer with a young girl with low functioning autism who makes animal sounds and such. Her Mum says the thing people are always questioning is the fiddle toy not the biting, screaming etc.

NT's are weird sometimes :)

Besides, Facebook is the lowest common denominator of human being. For some reason, people will post the stupidest things and then defend them like a vital organ is at stake.

All I have to say is,if something harmless is helping you, screw what ignorant, opinionated jerks think about it. Do what makes you feel better, they do not matter, and are so insecure about themselves all they can think to do is attack what they precieve as weakness.

I fidget! It's one thing I don't have to work at to be good at. It comes naturally!

I found out why I fidget when I learned I was living on the autism spectrum. I have so many thoughts and feelings crowding my brain that I need to have something I can touch in my hands, or put in my mouth, or occupy a part of my brain so I can more easily concentrate. If I can keep that part of my brain that is being overwhelmed with all these sensory messages busy and calm, then I can use the remaining part of my brain to think and work.

As for the people critical of fidget toys, they are entitled to their opinion. Their wrong but their entitled to not know what in the world they are talking about.

I recently got one of those Fidget Cubes, and it has helped me out so much. My concentration is better, and I tap my fingers, feet, and rock back and forth a lot less, plus I've stopped picking at my skin. If someone were to complain to me about using it, I'd just ask them if they would rather I go back to my old habits, which I'm sure were WAYY more distracting than me playing with something in my hand. People are often just ignorant and can't always accept things that they see as different.

I recently got one of those Fidget Cubes, and it has helped me out so much. My concentration is better, and I tap my fingers, feet, and rock back and forth a lot less, plus I've stopped picking at my skin. If someone were to complain to me about using it, I'd just ask them if they would rather I go back to my old habits, which I'm sure were WAYY more distracting than me playing with something in my hand. People are often just ignorant and can't always accept things that they see as different.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I just ordered one from Amazon. I can't wait to try it out.

New Threads

Top Bottom