• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favorite movies?

Destinyz12

So I see there's a topic on the WORST movie you've ever seen, so how about- What is your favorite movie(s)? Mine are:

Freedom Writers- (a true story that makes me appreciate how hard some teachers work to make a difference, and being Jewish, I had a soft spot for the Holocaust related scenes)

The Perks of Being a Wallflower- (I relate to the lead character in many ways, the story has many layers to it, and it is based on a best-selling book)

Stuck in Love- (probably not as well known as my other favorites, but it reminds me of the style of Perks-even has the same lead actor, but this one is more love-story based and also has its own deep issues)

Big Daddy- (one of Adam Sandler's better movies, just one of those really humorous feel-good types whose lines I would recite over and over again with friends)

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory- (another feel-good, bring out your inner child types, and Gene Wilder is just amazing).

Last edited:
I don't know if I have favourite films. I can think of a few films that have invoked something within me. Kingdom of Heaven was very good I thought, I like the history around the crusades. I thought Wolf of Wall Street was a very good film, I'd like to see it again. Kung Pow: Enter the Fist I thought was a really funny film, I'd like to find more films like that. And I also have a very soft spot for the Naked Gun and Airplane films, I love that style of slapstick humour.

UIhS5IF.gif

Last edited:
@SouthernDiscomfort: I love slapstick, too! My favorite movies for that are What's Up Doc? Blazing Saddles, and nearly all Marx brothers movies.

The Matrix
Not only is it the greatest movie in the history of film but it should be placed alongside the very greatest pieces of literature. It's so deep and it works on so many different levels. Every scene and every punch and every word just sounds and looks perfect. It is polished to perfection. The special effects are mind-blowing even by today's standards, and it explores so many philosophical ideas that you get more even after you see it dozens of times. (I, by the way, have no idea how many times I've seen this movie. I stopped counting at 56.)
Distant seconds are the Lord of the Rings movies. Great movies that tell a great story very well. I sometimes watch them as a reward for something good I did.

Hmm. Here are a few
1. Life is Beautiful
2. Oh yeah....Matrix, but only number 1
3. One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest
4. And of course, Star Wars IV

Some I liked:
1. Run, Lola, Run
2. Limitless (but points lost when he drinks that blood. Get real) Series was good!

I can't remember anymore!

The Matrix
Not only is it the greatest movie in the history of film but it should be placed alongside the very greatest pieces of literature. It's so deep and it works on so many different levels. Every scene and every punch and every word just sounds and looks perfect. It is polished to perfection. The special effects are mind-blowing even by today's standards, and it explores so many philosophical ideas that you get more even after you see it dozens of times. (I, by the way, have no idea how many times I've seen this movie. I stopped counting at 56.)
Distant seconds are the Lord of the Rings movies. Great movies that tell a great story very well. I sometimes watch them as a reward for something good I did.

All the way to the end credits! I LOVE those end credits so much I sometimes just watch them!!

*dead mans shoes,a UK film-completely recommend it.
Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - IMDb
*last house on the left [the remake with aaron paul].
*the lion king.
*the cat returns.
*[disney] robin hood.
*fox and the hound.
*aristocats.
*watership down.
*hostel.
*the purge.
*the snowman and the snowdog.
*the ringer.
*ted.
*team america; world police.
*pride.
*human traffic.
*shaun of the dead [yes i know ITV show it every week].

All the way to the end credits! I LOVE those end credits so much I sometimes just watch them!!

The scene where Neo stands up, holds out his hand, says, "No" and the bullets just stop is amazing. I could watch that scene on an endless loop in my house. You could hang up a flat TV screen playing The Matrix and hang it up in the Louvre. That's how good it is.

• Batman & Robin
  • Labyrinth
  • Suicide Squad
  • Hocus Pocus
  • Batman (1989)
  • Batman Returns
  • Batman Forever

New Threads

Top Bottom