• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Extreme jealousy

Ephraim Becker

V.I.P Member
I looked at the latest twitter posts just now for a new Windows Insider build and I got very disturbed by one post.

It was to a guy who also has autism just like me. Why did the head of the Windows insider community post that tweet special for that guy's birthday and didn't do something similar on July 19th for my birthday? I'm very jealous! I feel that he is very spoiled and meanwhile I don't get any attention in the #WindowsInsiders community at all despite the fact the fact that I became a Windows Insider from the first day, October 1st, 2014.

Hi there

That is a drawback with being online so much, you get a lot of chances to become envious and dissatisfied with your life ( you, as in general) and so, yes, I can see why you would wonder what is wrong with you. I get this, if everyone has a thumbs up and I do not, but in fact, it has to be down to my answer not being a very inspiring one to those who are viewing the posts.

Now, are you saying his is "very spoiled" because of this situation? I ask, because an occurance happened to me the other day. I had removed my oven door ( to clean inside) and saw that I had, inavertably pulled the hinges up fast, which meant I could not get the door back on!

My husband works all day and so, I got in touch with someone I know and asked if her husband would pop over and take a look for me ( they only life 5 minutes away). When I finally got a text from her, it read something like this: he is busy, maybe find someone else? I was INCENSED and had a meltdown! How DARE her do this to me and went on a full rant lol ( good thing I was on my own); I text my husband a pile of rants and he eventually got back and asked why blame her? It is her husband who won't come along? At first, I thought he was being MOST unhelpful to me, but then I got to thinking ( the positive of texts, you can think before you engage your "finger"), that actually, I had concluded that because she had sent the message, she was the one who was denying me, but she has no agnst against me and is coming over this sunday for a meal with us. So, the logical step was that she asked and he said no and she did not know how to respond and so, just cut it short, which came across as terribly unfriendly.

Now, as for your situation. I assume they know your birth date? Have you offended anyone?

I tend to just let everything slide. I'm a pretty chill chick though. Takes a lot to press my envy buttons. Perhaps the internet is just a breeding ground for such feelings.

Jealousy comes from our OWN insecurities, so when you are jealous, look at yourself, not at others.

I looked at the latest twitter posts just now for a new Windows Insider build and I got very disturbed by one post.

It was to a guy who also has autism just like me. Why did the head of the Windows insider community post that tweet special for that guy's birthday and didn't do something similar on July 19th for my birthday? I'm very jealous! I feel that he is very spoiled and meanwhile I don't get any attention in the #WindowsInsiders community at all despite the fact the fact that I became a Windows Insider from the first day, October 1st, 2014.
It was probably an oversight; everything like that that happens should not be taken personally. It will hurt you a lot more than it will him if you don't just let it go.

New Threads

Top Bottom