• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does Aspies Central Run Better in Firefox or Chrome?

I use chrome on my PC and safari on my phone. Pretty happy with the way it works on both.

I've been using Chrome for over 2 years and it works great.

My biggest problem is the fact you can't hardly do anything with a Chromebook, no gaming, no downloads beyond stuff from the Web Store, no Unity, no Adobe products.

Firefox at home and Chrome at work when I'm on my lunch break.
Not really noticed that big a difference between the two but then I haven't openly tried to compare the two.

I am using firefox for mine and use google for my tablet, but since the "make up" is different with a tablet and phone, anyway, I could not say.

As far as basic operation, so far I don't see any significant difference between the two browsers. However in my own case, I simply prefer the visual presentation of Firefox. Especially having a sidebar reflecting the immediate "history" of your session.

I'm not sure which one is most likely to use more memory, though with an adequate amount of RAM from a hardware perspective, it may not matter. ;)

IMO what constitutes an adequate amount of RAM these days is likely to be more indicative of individual applications than operating systems.

Firefox user since beta on a PC and Chrome on my phone,but I never use my phone for browsing AC,so the point is moot.

One thing, though, is I do notice that things seem faster and smother in Chrome, but Firefox seems more stable. Any comments on that?

Indeed, I've made the same observation. But the speed factor of Chrome just wasn't enough to move me to making it my default browser.

I don't see any noticeable difference between FireFox and Chrome when it comes to using AS. I will say that Chrome has a faster java engine and performs faster then FireFox, but I like Firefox because it's one of the most secure browsers out there. FireFox's ability to deal with threats is far, far superior to any other browser out there.

Chrome, purely because I use a Chromebook. Having said that, on the very rare occasion I've used AC from our PC, I also use Chrome on there too, and on my phone.

How both browsers perform whether appearing relatively the same or differently may well bear on what operating system you use, apart from the total memory you have and how each browser and other applications on your drive may actually utilize (and take up) resident memory. Lots of technical variables in play.

Last edited:
From some simple testing it seems that chromium/chrome is marginally faster when it comes to loading this site.
But I'm using a custom compiled version of both browsers, so i can't say if it would be the same on a prebuilt package/software.

But in the end i would say just use the browser you are more comfortable with, as they are about the same performance-wise.

New Threads

Top Bottom