• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone like art?

ArtistJenJen

My favorite artist is Salvador Dali. I used to paint a lot but fell out of it in a depressive state. Trying to reinspire myself. I would love to see others art work. This is a piece I call Hollow Woman.

Attachments

• 1404879050120.jpg
    1404879050120.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 117
My favorite artist is Salvador Dali. I used to paint a lot but fell out of it in a depressive state. Trying to reinspire myself. I would love to see others art work. This is a piece I call Hollow Woman.
I totally relate to depression zapping that part of my brain that could enjoyably focus on my artistic talents!!! Only now am I trying to regain motivation and confidence...Dali did some amazingly creative work! I also like some of the abstracts like what Jackson Pollock did, here is an example of one of mine that is similar to that:
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1404884019.362077.jpg

I suppose I like art; but it might stretch further than looking at paintings and such. I always enjoyed stuff by Giger, so there's that for what it's worth. And I think I overall like conceptual art. Oh, and Damien Hirst, I always thought he had a few nice pieces. Years ago I saw his work "For the love of God" which is a platinum recast of a human skull encrusted with diamonds. Amazing to see, albeit a pretty decadent piece overall.

As for my own work; I don't paint anything on canvas. I'm more of a digital artist myself. And then there's my miniature figure painting. Some of my stuff if in the gallery on this forum.

This is something I finished quite recently (and I'll stick it in the spoiler because it has a moderate amount of gore).
full

It's about 5 inches tall

And then there's my miniature figure painting. Some of my stuff if in the gallery on this forum.

This is something I finished quite recently (and I'll stick it in the spoiler because it has a moderate amount of gore.

Would you please share the materials and type of paint used? ....looks like something I'd enjoy giving a try!

Would you please share the materials and type of paint used? ....looks like something I'd enjoy giving a try!

Heh... where to start...

Mostly I used acrylic paints, with the exception of the rust which is done by... I wouldn't even know what exactly it is. I just know it's alcohol based.

But for miniature painting I use acrylics only, pretty much all by Games workshop (a company that makes these kind of figures). They have their own paint range and I pretty much stick to those to maintain consistency in color without having to mix it up. (another reason I use this brand is because it's the only one I can get locally without having to order online).

The figure is resin, but I bought it pre-cast (so I didn't do any sculpting myself) and unpainted. The mount it's one is corkboard along with some bushes from a modelling store and some grey sand I picked up at a nearby construction site.

I've been actively doing this kind of painting for about 2,5 years now, after a break for a few years, though I never really was into painting before and just painted them up for tabletop wargaming purposes. Now I'm more into painting instead of gaming. The reason I bring up how long I've been painting is that, despite some people doing this way longer than me, there's a lot of technique (anything from different types to apply paint on figures, up to some color theory to make it blend together and then some) and such involved rather than being able to paint neatly. That's something I've discovered while doing this a lot.

I wouldn't consider myself an expert or anything, but I'm confident enough that I've seen way worse.

I love art, and you do an excellent job of bringing out the emotion in this. Thank you for sharing with us, I really enjoyed it.

Thank you all for sharing. This is a piece I call open hearted. The medium is acrylic with a oil overlay to make it look like a oil painting. I painted this before I knew about autism. I wanted so desperately to be able to show I was a good person with a big heart not just a emotionless drone.

Attachments

• 0708142151.jpg
    0708142151.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 95
Thank you all for sharing. This is a piece I call open hearted. The medium is acrylic with a oil overlay to make it look like a oil painting. I painted this before I knew about autism. I wanted so desperately to be able to show I was a good person with a big heart not just a emotionless drone.
Wonderfully done! You definitely have a great eye for expression of emotion! If I can find the one I did when I fell into my first major depression (before knowing AS existed) I'd love to share it with others who would understand the imagery....sure hope it wasn't lost in a move!

Last edited:
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good photo editing app? As you will soon tell, the basic functions on this model iPhone (which auto corrects it's own name!!! ...smug bastards! :D ) like lighting and filter choice do make worlds different...I'd just like to have more to play with and enhance my art!? I'm quite sure some other Aspie artist (I like that professions name because it's unisex!) or are/were females "artisans?" GOOGLE!!? lol. In a sharing mood today; here are some pics of my art...my Mom's Mother's Day gift (it comes from the h3art, and materials to make it are bought...I'm broke, I gotta be cheap! :D )
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1404927627.268895.jpg
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1404927644.786143.jpg
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1404927687.052825.jpg
ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1404927713.186206.jpg

Cast your vote for best so far?
1,2,3,4...?

That's original and then iPhone :p filters basic stuff...
it's kinda gross, the way my mind works at times...but (it's the Chinese kanji, or whatever, symbol for mother.) but if you can shift the good ól imaginer...it's also a close up of a section of ocean with a black island containing two Navy vessels in it's center. So, kids...what is on Navy ships!?
SEAMEN!!!! BaHaHa :D (hope that was a laugh for the day, rather than a groan...lol)

Last edited:
The second is my favorite if you could down play the yellow. That's just me though I'm not a fan of bright yellow. The blue is really pretty with the gold and purple.

The second is my favorite if you could down play the yellow. That's just me though I'm not a fan of bright yellow. The blue is really pretty with the gold and purple.
I was leaning toward #2! :) Thanks! ....yellow is good for sun highlights, but you're right, it can get too harsh. (Oh and the yellow is what the hallway light did to the wallpaper behind it...that's why I gotta find an app that will crop and do more for me.) Any further advice or suggestions would be warmly welcomed!...I fully respect other artists creative minds!

Last edited:
Blue is my favorite color so I gravitated towards how pretty the blue looks in #2. The blue looks like deep scratches in some alien skin. Slightly more shine to the gold would make it standout more.

Blue is my fav of the spectrum as well! :) I like that way of seeing it! ...I might make a project out of it, I might still have photoshop someplace..use to use it a lot, but not in a while.

I don't know to much about computer art I'm a hands on only artist. I have tried Photoshop but I didn't enjoy it as much. What does the symbol mean?

Very...she has been an amazing source of support and understanding my entire life! I really look up to her for beating her battle with breast cancer...she has been cancer free for about 4 years now, her doctors say that's a good sign! She is typically who I ask advice from when something in this world confuses me or let's me down.

That's how I feel about my father. I wish I had that kind of relationship with my mother. After I got the diagnosis and told my mother and could finally explain why touch bothers me so much to the point it can hurt. She retorts jokingly how about a hug and comes at me arms out you need 3 hugs a day to be normal. I got angry and had to excuse myself before I got rude. I don't understand why she pushes my buttons it's like she doesn't want me around.

New Threads

Top Bottom