• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone here like controlled "danger" ?

Chance

"all who wander are not lost" - Tolkien
V.I.P Member
I'm not talking something utterly terrifying like a roller coaster, or something that spins real fast... but maybe that is what you like.

I cant do that. I also get really tense when I am a passenger, and the driver is jerky and driving erratically...

However, in a controlled circumstance... I like to get out on an open road - we have lots of wide open long stretches of road here with no traffic... I like to get out there and get in my car and just drive, and I mean drive it hard. I have driven it at about 140mph and it was still climbing, but things get a little intense and start feeling unstable, so thats where I start backing off gently. Its like a different kind of adrenaline rush and it feels really good.

I feel free. I am doing something I am in control of, or at least I feel like I am.
I dont do it often at all, but when I do I feel like I am strapped into a land rocket and its amazing. One would think my SPD would go off the charts but it doesn't.

I dislike the airport (crowds and especially the noise) and I dislike the crowded planes, but I love flying. I love flying in small aircraft the best, but I love that rush at take off in a large plane. I dislike bad turbulence (but anyone does). I was getting very panicky (but hiding it well) on a flight from Denver to SanDiego not long ago. It was scaring the crap out of me and others as well. It felt like we would just drop and suddenly it would hit very hard and I was starting to feel really sick. See that was uncontrolled so it affected me very badly.

This is silly but I was just wondering. I have read that some ASD people like danger and it seems so out of proportion to our normal lives.

Cool ... I'm not as big of a freak as I feared... : )

I'm good with roller coasters; controlled, safe, proven, repeatable, tested, not many external influences that could cause it to fail and me to die (like hitting a jack rabbit at 140mph).

Though based upon my experience in my younger and dumber days - I have noticed the curvature of the earth at 178mph.

I've done a lot of idiotic things in my life, taking chances I shouldn't have. But I have to say, I really loved it. It was exciting, exhilarating, it felt like you might die at any moment. The potential to do that crazy thing made it even better, without thinking. Free climbing, cycling at top speed, diving into water from cliffs, racing on snowmobiles, skiing, it all takes your breath away and clears your head for awhile. And later you're a little shocked that you did it and survived. Didn't do that with cars or planes. But in lots of other ways.

Last edited:
I like taking social risk, such as expressing an opinion that could end quite badly or telling a huge biatch of a bully to simply "get stuffed" to their face. Generally this break of convention works out surprisingly well for me, for some ubsurd reason. Physical risk, meh, depends. Though I don't like roller coasters because they always make me feel sick, severe motion sickness is a turn off, I do like some risks.

Same here. Speed in a car sometimes.
It is a rush.
Can't stand roller coasters and spinning rides. Never could.
I get vertigo and sick.

If you have a cup of tea and you place the cup really close to the edge of the table.

Imagine that.

Im sure some of you are breaking into a sweat just thinking about it.

:)

Chickened out at 125mph years ago driving south on H27. Looking above thinking : were those traffic lights on red?

I love roller coasters, and I'd feel far safer on one of those than driving at 140mph. Roller coasters don't go anywhere near that fast, and I'm not the one in control so no pressure on me to not mess up. Also no way it can fly off the side, which is potentially a possibility in a car.

New Threads

Top Bottom