• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you live your life via your Facebook or Twitter accounts?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
I know that some people do, I used to but now that I'm out and about and doing stuff more I don't as much, I only post a few times a week now although I do read other friends' posts.

So how about you guys?

Live my life by them? I've never been a member of them and generally refrain from even accessing them. I've always viewed them as "online versions of Lord of the Flies". Plus I have no desire to sell myself like a vacuum cleaner. I expect people to accept or reject me without an online "dog and pony show". My bad!

I remain a member of only one other theme-based online forum dominated by Neurotypicals. How I've lasted six years there is anyones' guess. As for the two online communities I previously belonged to, one I left in disgust and the other I was booted from. Directly a result of neurological differences, IMO.

I may make some bad decisions in terms of socialization, but I'm not a "glutton for punishment". Surely I suspect any number of you concur.

Last edited:
I have a FB account, but I only got it for "brand preservation." There's an individual out there with the same name as me, and he's somebody that companies probably wouldn't want to hire. If a potential employer searches for my name, I don't want them to find him!
So I have an account, but I haven't accessed it in about 3 years; certainly not since I got this job 2.25 years ago.

I don't have a twitter account.

I have a LinkedIn account that I look at maybe once/month.

I do!! I live my life on Facebook. Its the only way I communicate with my few friends and family members who actually talk to me. FB withdrawl is a real problem for me when I'm without internet. Now that I have a smartphone, I'm checking my FB feed at least 3-4 times a day...

No, I do not. I have a facebook account that is used only for practical reasons, as I can send messages to make arrangements and know whether or not the person actually received the message without needing to pick up the telephone. Other than that I don't really use it.

I don't have a twitter account.

I do, but it has its uses, I have been to a few low key events and workshops that I only found out about on facebook.

I don't think I do. But I spend a lot of time on the computer in general. :p

I don't post on Facebook as much as I used to, but I still check it twice a day on average (and collect pictures I see on it lol). I often 'like' posts and sometimes comment. I'm more active on fan pages and in groups than on my personal profile.

I have two Twitters, one 'regular' one and an anonymous retail one about my grocery bagging job, and the latter has many more followers, so I post on it more. :rolleyes:

I mostly live my life through online forums. I do use Facebook for personal stuff too but not that much. I only use Twitter for business (to promote my Ebay, Etsy, and Half listings). I do think I'm too dependent on online forums. It's not just this forum I use, I'm on a bunch of forums for various things. I only have one real life friend who I see about once a month who I never talk to in-between when I see her so I get lonely. I probably spend more time on online forums then I do with any other activity in my life. It's sad to say that but it's true.

i love facebook but ive been off it for a while after my sister 'hacked' my facebook and caused my mental health great distress.
i use it for autism and mental health support as well as help with understanding my day to day living.

ive met some of the guys on my facebook autism groups and ive given away for free large sensory equipment to one young autistic whose mum was on a group,its the only place i can express what im thinking as i cant do that verbally.

i was only on twitter for a short time,i was really fed up one night when a waking night staff of mine slept on the chair as soon as she got in on the job and i made up an account on twitter under her name and i made some jokes about her having just eaten a ton of kebabs [which she does] and gone for the biggest crap ever.
well i found myself banned after the good lady herself was told and reported me.
i am not interested in twitter at all,the thing confuses me completely.

I am a bit more wary of facebook now as I added a friend (Y) of another friend (X), X is a really nice guy and I thought Y was too, then Y started harassing me and got into X's account too. He pretended to be a hacker and I genuinely believed they had both been hacked. Then another sweet friend who knows both of them well in real life, contacted me privately and said Y is actually behind this for sure, he seems nice but is someone who likes to bully and trick people whom he sees as inferior and unfortunately he seems to have targetted me because I am autistic and open hearted; but X is also not blameless as he lets Y pretend to be him and is careless with his phone and social media account details. My friend said he will sort them both out and he will not let this lie but I am upset and disappointed that someone targetted me because of who I am. :(

New Threads

Top Bottom