• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you get upset when people lie about their motives?

do you get upset when someone does something wrong and pretends it's for an unselfish reason?

• i dont care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i get a bit upset

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • somehow upset

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • very upset

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • RAGE ATTACK!

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

alien girl

if someone does something for a selfish reason and pretends it's for an unselfish motive, especially if he's doing something to hurt someone deliberately and pretends he has the other person's best interest at heart, do you get very upset?
because aspies have a terrible time with lies, and we have a terrible reaction to liars.
a man who befriended me when i was very poor offered me money for sexual favors, and then he said, "just thought i'd help you out..."
i was so angry that i was dizzy and lightheaded, more because he pretended to be my friend and because he pretended to actually wanting to HELP ME OUT! when what he wanted was to take advantage.
i couldnt get over it for weeks afterward. wouldnt have been so bad if he didnt say he wanted to help. i finally got over it by telling myself he knew that i knew it wasnt true, and wasnt really trying to convince me that he had my best interest at heart. that it's just of of those things neurotypicals say, knowing the other person knows it isnt true.
smiliar experiences, anyone?
oh, by the way, i did say NO. (just in case you're wondering, lol)

I find this very upsetting. I've come across a number of people like this, and ultimately I remove them from my sphere of people I interact with as I don't need the stress of wondering if I'm being taken advantage of, or the regret/devastation that follows when I realise what's happened.

It's interacting with these sort of people that has made me skeptical and paranoid when dealing with people in general.

Yup, total rage mode. I can barely control myself because I'm also scared that I will hurt them very badly.

This is probably my biggest beef with humans. That's why I prefer animals. There are no hidden agendas with animals. Even my alcoholic bf pulled a fast one on me earlier this year. He claimed he wanted to help me clean out my father's house after my father died. I let him go over there by himself (big mistake). He called his brother over and they tore the place apart looking for things to sell. He even gave away some brand new appliances to a neighbor! Naturally, he was drunk at the time, and when I found out, I kicked him out of my father's house, and then out of my house. I also went to the neighbor and collected the appliances. Jackass :mad:

I get worked up if I know someone is lying (or if I'm unsure, like if I suspect they're messing with me) or even if they believe something that isn't true. I get in heated arguments all the time with my husband if he claims I said or did, or didn't, do something that I know I did or didn't do. I get particularly worked up if I feel accused of not being on the ball with the care of our baby.

Lies are bad enough, but doing something cruel and then lying that it meant well on top of it is the icing on the evil cake. Like Cali Cat, I prefer animals because they don't play those sorts of games. They always make their motives abundantly clear.

In your case of somebody wanting to help me out financially by trying to yank off my clothes, yes, RAGE ATTACK.

More mundane things like them trying get a clean house without doing the work in offer for money, I'm mildly annoyed, but I'd consent to if they didn't mind me using chemicals my gut can tolerate. There's a whole bunch of people who do that for a job anyway, both professionally and amateurly. Er, I know there are prostitutes too and some are legal, professional ones even in the USA, but that doesn't mean I want to do it.

This is probably my biggest beef with humans. That's why I prefer animals. There are no hidden agendas with animals. Even my alcoholic bf pulled a fast one on me earlier this year. He claimed he wanted to help me clean out my father's house after my father died. I let him go over there by himself (big mistake). He called his brother over and they tore the place apart looking for things to sell. He even gave away some brand new appliances to a neighbor! Naturally, he was drunk at the time, and when I found out, I kicked him out of my father's house, and then out of my house. I also went to the neighbor and collected the appliances. Jackass :mad:

You can NEVER trust an alcoholic, they are an addict, addicts are not worthy of trust. Life lesson right there.

Extremely. Though people assume I'm a nice penguin, you never want to get on my bad side. I consider myself a fair penguin. Just be up front with me, even if you want nothing to do with me anymore and there won't be any problems. I have seek justice on people when required. The thing is, they never find out until it too late. With in time, people learn with me it is not wise to mess with a penguin.

I get irritated when anyone tries to pretend (or genuinely believes) that anything was done for an unselfish reason. There are no unselfish reasons.

New Threads

Top Bottom