• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

do you get bored easily?

When I am really interested on something I don´t get bored, but it has to be a strong obsesion, otherwise I just don´t have the dicipline. For exaple, If I decide that I want to learn more about the history of my country, I start reading and I can´t even finish to pages, I get distracted and bored. But if it´s something I really like, then I can focus completely to that topic, for months or even years. I guess if the topic it´s note even slightly realted to my topic of inerest, then I just don´t care, and I try to force my self I end up quiting very fast

Yes, I totally have this. It's the sense of obligation that does it. As soon as it becomes something I have to do, I lose all motivation/interest, even if I'm the only one telling me that I have to do it! I think it's because that's how I've learned to respond to pressure/deadlines--it increases my anxiety, and as a result I shut down. On the other hand, if I give myself total freedom and manage to lose all preconceptions of how and when I need to do the work, then I can just immerse myself in it and enjoy my interests again.

I get really interested in something and after I've did that for awhile, I'm out of it completely, then some time passes and I pick it up again then I get board with it again. That's why I wrote a book, made a music album, made guitars, then made bass guitars, then made electric violins, etc, I don't think I could manage a career/job I'd just get tired of it so fast after getting into it.

I am never not bored, the times I am the least bored are when I am engrossed in a book of game, but even then I feel like I am no where near using my potential physically or mentally. Life itself is boredom, at least to me, I can not imagine ever not being bored because I have never experienced it. I will not claim it to be impossible for me to not be bored, but so far it has been proven to be so improbable as to be nearly impossible. It is likely a byproduct of my life being entirely negative in experiences with other people since birth.

I get bored very easily when I'm away from my special interests, I become restless, yet can easily spend an hour staring at a download in progress, at a fire or candle, I become fixated by watching something progress. I need something to focus on. When I'm occupied with a special interest, I'm calmer and hardly notice the time passing.

New Threads

Top Bottom