• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do I have Aspergers?

clackedions

Hi all,

I'm in the process of finding out whether I have aspergers or something related, as in i've taken psychometric testing and had a few appointments with a shrink. The wait is now 2 weeks and fairly unbearable so I thought id give this a go to help pass the time.

Well, basically since I can remember I've always been at odds with myself and that's lead me down some dark mental and even physical paths. I've always been socially awkward and I reckon I'm a fairly healthy form of weird =p I wouldn't change the way I am now as I feel its responsible for the music I make, which I suppose I'm quite proud of. Incidentally I also tick a lot of aspergers related criteria which I have gathered from youtube videos, this site and others.

Right...so as not to create a mundane list of these criteria, I'l channel the topic elsewhere.. I'd like to know how everyone felt during or before diagnosis, as I feel I can truly relate to aspergers, be it a mild/very mild form. I don't know what I'l do if I find out I don't, as research into it has helped me to explain myself to such a huge extent,initially relieving past and present pressures on myself that continue to flatten me, however this only seems valid if I come back scoring positive (double entendre ;)...i think..)

I keep deviating, =p did anyone experience this massive anxiety during or before diagnosis, leaving you perhaps wondering that If your not aspie, you're just an immature, spoiled waste to society?

Thanks for you're patience, I normally get slated for my posts on forums. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Hey clackedions, welcome to Aspergic.com forums. :D

What traits do you think you might have and I might be able to figure out if you have it or not, I'm normally pretty good at finding out these things.
By the way, I'm superboyian, the moderator of this forum and you are very welcome and very lucky to find this forum as this site is full of awesomeness. :D

Hello =) Thanks for the greeting, I'm really enjoying my time here =p

Part 1: (As this is taking ages =p)

I stim regularly, bob my legs frantically when sitting and pat my chest, making almost drum n bass rythms haha.

I'm a mild insomniac, 2am sleepy time everage, I use that time on the internet, facebook etc and most recently this site.

I think I have problems with empathy, as in if I make my mum upset, which I gather is the result of me being distant and not discussing problems (due to lack of answers!), I don't feel bad, rather I get angry and frustrated and want to disappear. I also get furious at my dad when he asks things like 'why dont you want to get a job, what are you going to do when you finish college etc..', I do want to get a job but its just too stressful to consider at the moment, I don't want to commit to anything when my music is what I really want to do.

Social groups can give me headaches, I'd much rather sit back and just absorb the situation. Il always go blank in conversations, normally towards the start unless Its someone Im very comfortable with, where the blankness doesn't send me into a sweat.

I could rattle on about myself and I'm sure there would be traits concealed within, however do allow me to look up my favourite youtube guy (adkit2) as he really spells it out. Il then get back to you some more =) I'm sorry I haven't been more detailed.

You got to love adkit2.

If you think for a second you have it. Most likely you might. Either reseach more or go see a doctor. If I had time I would read all your post.

Ok:

I get angry and feel highly disrupted when I'm cooking and a parent says 'don't do that, do this' or generally try to make suggestions. Perhaps referring to routine.

Urgh, I could go on and on.. eye contact is weird, as In I'm either flitting about while someone's talking to me or I'm just staring them down (I tend not to do that one, too weird =p). I'd rather stare at a nearby object or into the distance and sort of daydream.

I have to reiterate quite a lot as I tend to waffle in to the conversational distance.

Anyway! etc. etc. I'm aware that non-aspies can harbour all of these traits (I think) but yeah, to name a few =)

Thanks for checking it out, I'm finding out in 2 weeks if I have it, hopefully =D, so I'l be sure to make some more posts if the news is good.

From what it looks like, you are most likely to have it since the symptoms are very similar, but also you could just have these traits but that could just be unlikely.

Hopefully I could be right about that prediction. ^_^

From what it looks like, you are most likely to have it since the symptoms are very similar, but also you could just have these traits but that could just be unlikely.

Hopefully I could be right about that prediction. ^_^

Haha!

"Hey, look on the bright side! You're probably just a weirdo!"

Haha!

"Hey, look on the bright side! You're probably just a weirdo!"
LOL! :lol: That made me laugh. :p I would definitely be a proud weirdo, mind me. ;)

@clackedions - Once you get the results, it's a different story? How would you feel if you found out that you are an aspie?

I have to admit, it would give me a great sense of relief when I'm officially DX'ed. I guess it's because you have a name to give all of your quirks. It'd feel better to know that it's not just 'me', I suppose.

Exactly. It's important for me as I exist as a result of a 10+ year identity crisis ;0 =p I'm not myself, for example I can't be arsed to talk a lot of the time but force this different persona out as I do desire friendship. Alas, it's too much hard work =p I feel an official diagnosis would alleviate that pressure and I can just get the flipple on with life.

New Threads

Top Bottom