• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do I have Asperger's?

dinvins

I'm a 27 year old male.
My symptoms are:

• I walk rigidly- because of which I was called robot in school and college.
  • Speak in a monotone.
  • Have limited facial expressions.
  • Hypersensitive to sound ,smell, light and touch.
  • Have limited friends and also have social anxiety.
  • Stare long and hard at others while talking to them.
  • Had tics like hard eye blinking and shoulder shrugging in my childhood.

But I don't have any special interests or routines.

Welcome to aspiescentral Dinvins. We can't tell you if you have Asperger's or not, but you certainly show traits that point in that direction. Stick around and you will find both good information about living with Asperger's and a supportive community ready to accept you. A diagnosis might help you to understand why you are the way you are, but you certainly don't need an official diagnosis to be welcome here. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Hi Dinvins! Welcome to AC!

I'd say--don't worry about the category/label for now. Look for common experiences that you share with those here. It's not like there are hard and fast must-haves that include or exclude certain people from the spectrum.

"Robot", monotone voice, flat facial expressions, hypersensitivity, eye-contact issues, tics -- you'll find others here happy to share experiences around these matters, I'm sure!

Welcome, and all the best to you! :)

Are your symptoms disrupting your life? That is a good gauge in deciding whether to seek out a diagnosis or explanation. If your life is fine and you and those around you are content, there is no need to seek out a reason.

Welcome! Mo and Daniel make excellent points---you're welcome here no matter what, and you'll have plenty of support!

Hey it may not be AS either. It could be PDD NOS, or Non verbal learning disability. But again is this impairing your life? Are you finding that you would like to know because it helps with figuring out how to cope with it? As adults sometimes its just good to know for your sake or do you need to know for school? You are welcome here.

These symptoms are not impairing me much. But my lack of interest in anything is what is impairing me. I unable to go to work because of that.

Then you need to find your motivation. You need to work, a career, something that makes you want to get up in the morning. Anything can be turned into a job or career. There has to be something you like. You post on this forum so you must like computers maybe?

Sadly, there isn't anything that interests me. I studied computer science in college, but have lost interest in it. I wish I had a passion in something!

It doesn't sound to me like Aspergers.
However, it doesn't matter to us, and you are welcome here. :wavespin:
We are a very nice online community.

What do you do in your spare time. List everything. It doesn't have to be a passion, just every day things. We can maybe develop a passion.

I do yoga in the morning, browse the philosophy section of yahoo answers, check my mail, browse forums like this. Nothing much other than these things.

You like Yoga, Philosophy, checking email, and browsing forums. This is a lot to work with!

Maybe you don't want to be a yoga instructor, but perhaps you could blog about yoga, and the philosophy behind it! I'm sure Wikipedia needs additions to their yoga and philosophy sections (I know people who have started Wikis and gotten full time jobs at Wikipedia!)

You could start forums on Yoga and Philosophy or a very specific topic in one of those areas, create a website and get proper advertising...become a moderator on such online forums...some forums pay their moderators!

Stretch it even more, everyone join in and provide possibilities relating to these topics that dinvins may be interested in and could develop some sort of career out of.

You like Yoga, Philosophy, checking email, and browsing forums. This is a lot to work with!

Maybe you don't want to be a yoga instructor, but perhaps you could blog about yoga, and the philosophy behind it! I'm sure Wikipedia needs additions to their yoga and philosophy sections (I know people who have started Wikis and gotten full time jobs at Wikipedia!)

You could start forums on Yoga and Philosophy or a very specific topic in one of those areas, create a website and get proper advertising...become a moderator on such online forums...some forums pay their moderators!

Stretch it even more, everyone join in and provide possibilities relating to these topics that dinvins may be interested in and could develop some sort of career out of.

New Threads

Top Bottom