• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sensitive Topic Do certain people make you sick?

Yeah! saw a Doctor talking about what Narcissists look like on youtube I thought he was going to hold her picture up.:rolleyes: It is quite shocking tho when you meet someone like that.:confused: They can be very charming but when you see their dark side it's like you're looking at 2 people one good and one evil with nothing in between. Maybe thats the problem, (no soft in between), just love me and give what I want NOW, or DIE NOW. It still makes my stomach a little queasy when I think about it, it is hard for me to imagine treating people so callously. o_O
Holly crap that sounds exactly like one of my ex, who I suspect may more precisesly be a sociopath. Unfortunately I was easily swayed and at that time felt I had little to loose. Well he showed me the few things I had left that he could take away. Now I wonder why I stayed with him for 2 years with his emotional, psychological, and physical abuse. Then again being raised in an environment where that is almost normal made me an easier target. At least now I have learned from those mistakes.

There are behaviors that annoy me, and there are people who disquiet me even though there's no behavior that I'm reacting to. Sometimes it's just their energy or profile or atmostphere. I once was in the presence of two people who had that effect on me, and I had to just leave. I felt so much darkness around them. Not directed at me, just...something about what changed when they got together, as if together we were matter and anti-matter.

Some time later, I found a couple other people mentioned it as well. It was just too hard being around them. They seemed to take us for granted, though.

Do you have this feeling. Certain people makes you feel sick and paralyze, like in the matrix movie, the nebukadnezar ship fires EMP, and all he sentinels die. So, the point is certain people kind of firing EMP from their aura and you're kind of that sentinel, cause I had that kind of feeling, sorry for making everyone confuse, but I try to neutralize that feeling. The secret is confidence.

Yes, a relative of my best friend does this to me. Every time I am around this person (Which is luckily not often) I am paralyzed by their blatant insensitivity to it seems everything in life, their generally abusive mannerisms, their overly-boisterous and aggressive personality. While I do not hate this person, it is better for me if I just stay clear of them entirely.

"Pain in the ass" is an expression used to describe a person or thing that is very annoying/bothersome.
What does pain in the ass mean? definition, meaning and pronunciation (Free English Language Dictionary)

If I am speaking about a person I have found to be very bothersome/intolerable and I repeat what that
person said....my nose tingles and hurts. I don't get a pain in the ass. I get a pain in the nose.

This is fascinating. People give off pheremones. We take in these into the nose for brain processing. They tell us the age, sex, health, and degree of genetic relatedness of the other person. I'm sure they tell us many more things yet to be discovered.

Yes, a relative of my best friend does this to me. Every time I am around this person (Which is luckily not often) I am paralyzed by their blatant insensitivity to it seems everything in life, their generally abusive mannerisms, their overly-boisterous and aggressive personality. While I do not hate this person, it is better for me if I just stay clear of them entirely.

I had a friend who was so passive aggressive, she was literally toxic to me. During our last visit I had horrible gas pains and my fibroid condition returned with ferocity. My body was telling me to leave! A day after I left her house, it all went away. I have to avoid her for my health.

Just to clarify: Do you mean that they have physical attributes such as smell that make you feel nauseous or do you mean that their attitudes and opinions are repugnant to me ?

I don't know what attitudes and opinions are repugnant to you. It had nought to do with odors. It had to do with how she treated me, chiefly the things she did not do (passive aggression) that she should have done as courtesy to me as a friend, as a guest, and a human being.

Yes, some people make me sick and it's obvious right away. Some people I mistakenly think are bad for me, but actually it's just my cluelessness, or social anxiety. And some people are the worst kind: due to my naiveté it has happened that I think they are fine, safe people but really they're not at all. :(

A lot of people for a lot of reasons, some of them due to my own faults. Some of the types have already been mentioned; narcissists, people who are emotional yo-yo's, overly passive aggressive people, strong aggressive personalities.

Strong, boisterous personalities like Conan O'Brian, send me past my anxiety threshold. Entertaining and great from afar, but terrifying and exhausting to interact with, especially the more intelligent they are.

I also like to add authority figures, especially hard, unforgiving ones.

I have a nasty habit of taking what people I really don't "get" to heart and trying to bend my head around what they mean by hating this or that about me. I'll kind of absorb the person and end up mimicking their most menial behaviors, which usually goes unnoticed thankfully. The extreme of this though is that I can unwittingly hurt myself. For instance I had a lab partner that would kind of boo at my portions when I was eating the same semester I had two students trying to "spot" me when I took lunch breaks. I almost starved to death trying to conform to lab partner's ideals because the students were around to reinforce it. The funny thing was, I realized I kept taking petty pieces of the person's advice when I was doing just about anything even though I regarded him as a weird and insensitive crudbag. 0.0
I sometimes overestimate how autistic my own opinions of people are, I guess...or really I just try to give others the benefit of the doubt and I give *too much*.

Yes, some people cause me to shut down, freeze, lock up as do certain phrases or tones of voice that anyone might use. Hecklers used to do it to me, especially those that did disgusting things such as throwing used tampons at me (yes it happened twice to me, once off stage and once on stage. It has happened to at least one other performer that I know of, all three incidents have been for religious reasons- due to the faith of the performer but, I am not the same faith as the other artist that has endured the same treatment.)

As other have said, confidence is the way to beat that. Know your talents and focus on the things you excel at doing. Use that to power your confidence, the fake the rest until one day you realize you aren't faking it anymore - you have it and, you can rock the world in yet another area. :)

Believe it or not, in high school I had horrible stage fright. I got the lead as Macbeth in a play my junior year, I did fine in rehearsal but, froze as if I were a wild animal caught in that spotlight when it came time to perform before an audience. Just 18 moths after that, I was on stage, playing keyboard and, singing to a crowd over over 3000 people with 4 spotlight on the stage, one of them centered on me for my vocals. I was faking it then but, a year later, it hit me mid concert that I wasn't faking it, I felt it, I was fabulous and, I knew it - I loved it, it felt natural, easy, like I belong and all of that screaming and cheering out in the audience really was for me, what had been an act and, the cheers that I never believed were for me became real, it wasn't an act anymore. I felt it and knew they were screaming for me because the loved what I was doing and, doing it was second nature to me.

In that moment, the world became mine and, nothing beats that feeling. You can do it in everyday life too, and someday, it will hit you that you aren't faking the confidence, the self assured attitude, it will be real. Yes it is an act always but, one you learn so well that it becomes natural to do it and, then you feel the results, the feedback, the approval of other that naturally approve just because you are confident. That energy feeds your confidence and, before you know it, that piece of the world is yours to command. Then you expand on it, take it to other things, and though it takes years, one day you simply stop being afraid because you know how to be confident.

That doesn't stop things from bothering you, hurting you or, upsetting you but, it does stop you from panicking and worrying. You know you can play your confidence card and, get through anything, even if you hate it.

I ran into a person today that had my stomach doing the back flip and, the front flip inside my belly. A person I never thought I'd see again and, he was at the grocery store in the town I live closest to now. He could not have known I moved here but, he lives in the town now.

He is an uncle who attempted to sexually assault me when I was 14. His own son stopped him and, saved me from anything worse than fondling and an unwanted kiss but, I never thought to see the man again. I actually figured he was dead by now but no, he's nearby.

We made sure he didn't follow us back to my home and, I was cordial toward him so, I don't expect anything to come of it but, I'm sure I will see him in town again, sooner or later. One more demon from my past that needs a bit more exorcising than I thought.

And no worries, I'm fine, I was rattled at the time but, a glass of wine and some easy tunes after I got home fixed that.

People who proudly proclaim they're "high-maintenance personalities" can easily induce a flight or flight response from me.

More often resulting in flight than fight.

People who proudly proclaim they're "high-maintenance personalities" can easily induce a flight or flight response from me.

More often resulting in flight than fight.

I detest self proclaimed divas, you just know they are going to be demanding, whiny jerks who make ridiculous demands on anyone that dares get within earshot of them and, will look down on anyone that isn't dressed to the nines or doesn't have the absolute best everything. (best cell phone, hottest designer clothes, most luxurious car, etc...)

New Threads

Top Bottom