• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do autistic/asperger's people have an abnormal love for animals?

I have a connection with animals (I live on a farm) also by my avatar picture I have a pet dog his name is Ruffy he's so cute I picked him and his name. well unlike other autistic guys I am pretty good with interacting with humans thanks to my mum over the years having people coming to stay to help her with her horses. finally I love dolphins I have like 200 dolphin pics on my computer.

I have a connection with animals (I live on a farm) also by my avatar picture I have a pet dog his name is Ruffy he's so cute I picked him and his name. well unlike other autistic guys I am pretty good with interacting with humans thanks to my mum over the years having people coming to stay to help her with her horses. finally I love dolphins I have like 200 dolphin pics on my computer.

also I have the lucky chance to swim with dolphins down Picton in New Zealand (yes I live in New Zealand)

Nothing abnormal above my love for my kitty princess...

Here's our wedding photo

cat.png

joooookkkkiiiinnnggg

I am very fond of animals and generally prefer their company. And they don't tell me to mind my manners if they annoy me and I growl at them.

Animals feel safer to interact with, for some of us with ASD. With humans, as much as we love them, sometimes there are simply too many variables, and too many demands of us, in social interactions. Socializing for us may be more of a conscious effort (tiring) than natural, as it is for NTs. Animals let us relax and just be us.

Communing with animals feels so healing. We can share warmth and caring in a safe situation. The bouncy, waggy, doofy Kiss Monster in my avatar provides the best therapy I know of.

I don't think it's an "abnormal" love for animals at all. I think people who don't love animals as much are the abnormal ones. o_O Think about it. How much nicer would the world be if everyone who didn't love animals like most of us do suddenly fell off the face of the Earth? In fact, I'm going to have to hop back over to the "World Peace" thread and post that as a suggestion. :p

I read a comic by and Aspie girl once that said she was always the one at a party who was off in a corner playing with the family pet. That's me!

Hehe, that is exactly me as well! Whenever I must to go to other people's home I so hope there are pets so I can play with them instead of creating an awkward silence. They save me!

I love animals, they don't judge you, just love you with all their heart. When I am very upset or during meltdowns, my two cats are always coming to check on me, trying to help me. And feeling their cold noses touching my cheek, I feel better right away. I don't know what I would do without animals in my life..

And humans tend to not like it when you pet them when you're stressed. :yum:

On a more serious note, my primary factor in judging if somebody is a good person or not is how they treat animals. Animals are "safe", you can get away with doing a lot of things to them you can't to people. So if they're rude or pushy or have no empathy or are outright cruel, it's going to show up.

I think that aspies are quiet people. There might be many questions or thoughts in the mind but we do love peaceful environment. We are closer to nature because nature is so open in its ways. Nature doesnt know economics, business, differences. It gives everyone free water, air, food. It knows no value. But we humans do know whose stronger or weaker. Whose richer or poorer. Nature doesnt differentiate between anyone. Animals do not manipulate or play games and are very straight in their ways. Nature has intended everything to be simple but we humans have made things complex. Aspies have a sense of self but do not have ego issues. We aspies do not think ourselves to be superior or inferior. We dont intend to manipulate others for material gains. I think aspies are closer to nature and animals because we are more human than the normal people because of our ability to feel. The pity is that we are not able to operate in this world so freely as other people. Either take a sensitive heart or a powerful mind. I think we preferred a sensitive heart.

I have always preferred animals to humans. I think, for the most part, they behave in a much more civilised fashion than the majority of humans, heh.

New Threads

Top Bottom