• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do aspies miss their exes?

I am Aspie and yes, in spite of the fact that I still communicate with my ex every day (and we are still close) I miss her.

Yes I did!! I wanted more responses from members on this forum.

Yes, and posting multiple threads about the exact same thing is not the way to go about that. You have had, from what I could see, multiple responses on your original thread. Maybe reply there and ask if anyone else has anything to add.

It could be that those members who have replied have nothing further to add, and other members here cannot help.

Yes, and posting multiple threads about the exact same thing is not the way to go about that. You have had, from what I could see, multiple responses on your original thread. Maybe reply there and ask if anyone else has anything to add.

It could be that those members who have replied have nothing further to add, and other members here cannot help.
Sure, thanks!

No my exes were C words that is why they are ex if they weren't C..ts then maybe I would miss them. My mistake was ever thinking I could have a relationship with a NT, they cant even communicate via ESP.

No not really I've dated lots of girls and most I was just collecting to make sex partner number higher.

Is that just for yourself? Or so you can tell people how high the number is? I'm genuinely interested as to why you would actively want to increase the number.

But a few I did love but knew I couldn't give them the "normal" relationship they wanted so I would get to a certain point and leave or they would see my asd that I didn't explain and leave

Have you ever wanted for it to turn into something more meaningful?

EDIT: I see you answered just as I asked.. Sorry to hear it ended like that.

Have you ever wanted for it to turn into something more meaningful?

EDIT: I see you answered just as I asked.. Sorry to hear it ended like that.
Good question the few out of hundreds I did love I did but as these relationships would end I decided that when I got to a certain point like hey do you want kids or hey marriage I bolted I kept it casual I knew as we got deeper they would see my asd and I don't want people that close to me unless it's my family

Good question. Someone I was in a 8 year relationship I broke up with 8 years ago. I had other relationships since then. However, the person I dated for 8 years I have dreams about her on a regular basses. Once every three months on average. I still having dreams about her even this year. So it seems that part of me haven't moved on the fact these dreams keep happening. But when I'm a wake, I don't think of her at all.

It depends. It depends on the circumstances. I had one incident in which I was engaged to somebody and she ended up cheating on me. We broke up, and I sure didn't miss her later. In fact, I despised her, maybe more than a neurotypical would. Another time, more recently, I was seeing someone when something happened in her personal life, and she disappeared without a goodbye. She moved and all. When this happened, to say I missed her would be a gross understatement. I ended up in the mental hospital for two days because of the whole incident. Yes, we miss our exes sometimes, but it's not as simple as "Yes". This question doesn't really have a simple, boolean answer.

In my case, if I felt a relationship was over, it was over and I never looked back or missed them. However, when I lost my husband eight years ago, who was probably also an Aspie, the relationship only ended because of cancer. I still miss him. We had a great relationship where we each lived our own lives, but together.

Do persons with aspergers miss their exes after break up?
Never. They are episodes or chapters nothing more than that, i connect with my children and feel all the emotions that norms do and do indeed miss them for the few days they arent around . But others including parents and siblings , i rarely think about them. I have no friends by the way which does not bother me in the slightest as im totally absorbed in my research. The above may give the impression im a bit of an arse but its not that ,its just that im only interested in what interests me , cant help it , its always been that way

New Threads

Top Bottom