• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Developmentally disabled man kidnapped and tortured...livestreamed on facebook

I don't need to see them. It's incredibly sad for these people to get some sort of kick out of humiliating someone vulnerable. It really shows how weak and pathetic they are.
And it's sad how persons so young have sank so low. All are narcissistic, unfeeling ass holes driven by hate. Of the same mold as KKK members of by gone days. And proof positive that rednecks are created in all colors.
Shame on them and shame on their parents and shame on a society who played a part in the creation of such monsters. Let these monsters reap what they sowed. No empathy was showed for their victim...and no empathy should be showed for them. Lock them up and throw away the key.

This is a real sick world we live in and I hope those racist attackers get what they deserve. There is no reason at all for this attack on this Developmentally disabled man to had had have happened. Attacking a man because of his skin color and because he supports Trump is one thing but to attack a developmentally disabled man because of this is cowardice!

I don't want to watch the video and I'll take your words for it that it's disgusting and disturbing and sad to watch.

The thugs are black; the victim is white. The thugs clearly were racially motivated by their hatred of white people and possibly disabled people as well. Charging black people with hate crimes against white people is long overdue in this country. An earlier poster mentioned the KKK. That despicable organization will probably rally around the white victim to condemn the black thugs. Everyone in America has freedom of speech and to peacefully assemble so here we go again...... I hope no police officers are gunned down when they respond to the KKK's inevitable rally.

I find that most of the commentary surrounding this is about race.

Very little mention is made of the fact that the guy is mentally disabled (although it is mentioned often enough that everyone knows it is the case).

Why is there not more talk about how vulnerable mentally disabled persons are? Why not more outrage over that aspect, instead of outrage exclusively over the race aspect?

And why do people hate crimes so much more when the perpratrators and victim are different races, than they do when they are the same race? The victims is just as injured in either case.

Very little mention is made of the fact that the guy is mentally disabled (although it is mentioned often enough that everyone knows it is the case).

Why is there not more talk about how vulnerable mentally disabled persons are? Why not more outrage over that aspect, instead of outrage exclusively over the race aspect?

And why do people hate crimes so much more when the perpratrators and victim are different races, than they do when they are the same race? The victims is just as injured in either case.
And there seems to be many who see no difference in mentally ill and mentally challenged.At my part time grocery bagger job.....the grocery chain hires the mentally disabled for federal tax breaks and all are sweet souls who would never harm another intentionally. There's Jimmy who was the victim of an auto accident years ago. He's a bit slow at bagging but he's consistent and dependable. There's Knockem Out John who I suspect is a fellow Aspie that has more moves than a case of X-lax when it comes to bagging. And with the shyness we share, we rarely speak.....but we are cosmic brothers, joined at the hip by our social disability. And then there's Chris who can best be described as 22 going on 14. A hard worker but illiterate and at times a bit loud with his childish foolishness. So many times I've witnessed a new cashier unaware of his inability to read, send him to retrieve a item from the shelfs. A panicked expression will come upon his face and I'll always step in to retrieve the item for him followed later by explaining Chris's situation to the new employee.
As I said, all are sweet souls without malice towards others. Far from the paranoid schizophrenic shooting up a McDonald's. But so many fail to recognize the great gulf between being mentally ill and mentally disabled. The difference between a psychosis and being dexlexic.

I think will get around 60 years in jail. Could be a little more or less, but based on the crimes they are charged with and the fact they incriminated themselves it shouldn't be hard to prove. They will be in their 70s or 80s when they get out of prison.

Now THAT is an appropriate punishment. In the U.S. a convicted felon is far more likely to end up rotting in prison than in Australia, where the sentences are truly pathetic (they would probably get only two weeks, if that). We don't even have the death penalty anymore!

Maybe the public is more focused on the race issue in the news story because the criminals ranted about race as they tortured the victim, rather than ranting about mental disability.

The victim is likely to have PTSD from this - I hope he gets appropriate therapy to deal with this.

New Threads

Top Bottom