• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dealing with psychotic people the lower functioning and the generally...

AspiePie

"Lower functioning" is word which offends some people.. But I use it...

So my boss at the day program accuses me when I forget my lunch of having forgotten it on purpose even though I have never done that before and it isn't one of my behaviors?

Latter they try to make me get off the computer due to they want a screaming man child to use the computer because they don't want him to go off. Well I help him use another computer but why can't they just get him to behave normally without a computer.. Oh wait they lazy!

And finally a while back while I was in a Group Home a person (I forget what she is called) came in to access how I was doing.. The person wrote after talking to me that I , "Use sex as a weapon as he started talking about Hitler masturbating in conversation on Picasso..." One I wasn't discussing Picasso I was discussing Salvador Dali.. second there is Painting by Dali called Hitler Masturbating which I was discussing cause of my general interest in shock art...

How do you deal with these people?

I don't want to get arsey but as someone who's dealt with psychosis please refrain from incorrectly using the term "psychotic".

Do you really want to know because any advice would mean you have to do some changing. No one on here can tell you "how to deal with these people" without telling you to change something you do, say or think.

Are you really in the mindset where you want to learn a few new tricks or are you thinking it's all their fault? I ask because the tone of your post seems more like a rant than asking for help. That may not have been intended but that is how it comes off.

For instance- when you say "Oh wait they lazy!" You don't do a good job standing on firm ground since you insult someone for being lazy yet you don't use proper grammar or punctuation yourself. I am not trying to be rude but I have to point out that no one can make "dealing" any easier for you if you aren't first willing to look at the problems within yourself first.

There are things that can answer your question but the advice is only as useful as one's willingness to hear it.

I suspect that you may need to exchange reactivity & criticism for compassion, for your audience to remain receptive, thus your communication to be effective.

Taking some deep breaths can help, and to remember that the other person may be in need of patience and understanding from you. We all learn to cultivate these things. It helps to remember that others are being patient and understanding of you, as well. :)

Regarding functioning labels, please reconsider.

People are difficult in general. Maybe a good thing to help you deal with it is to come join us here and make some new and interesting friends! It's totally cool if you just want to let off some steam. Don't let my earlier message give you the wrong impression. If you think it will help- send me a private message and I'll probably swap some stories of frustration and let you get the details off your chest in private.

I think most of us here have to deal with all kinds of frustrations. You should probably just kick back and enjoy getting to know some people here. It's a really nice place as long as you communicate well enough. Many of us are really looking for friends to talk to who understand these daily frustrations.
:)

New Threads

Top Bottom