• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Resource icon

Curcumin: New Use for an Old Spice? 2017-01-10

Don't know if I've found any help with it's anti-inflammatory effects, have been using turmeric in many dishes for some time, like the yellow colour and the taste sometimes. Husband like curries, so I make them quite a lot. Could be that it's made some difference that I'm unaware of.

Last edited:
Going to try turmeric tea, see if I can handle drinking it and my husband too. He has a swollen bruise from a piece of ice that hit his shin while he was shoveling. It might reduce the inflammation from the bruising.

Ultimate Turmeric Tea + Turmeric Tonic Recipes

It doesn't taste like I thought it would, it's not terrible tasting and has a mild flavor. I expected it to taste like chili powder and burn my tongue, but it's not bad.

Last edited:
Going to try turmeric tea, see if I can handle drinking it and my husband too. He has a swollen bruise from a piece of ice that hit his shin while he was shoveling. It might reduce the inflammation from the bruising.

Ultimate Turmeric Tea + Turmeric Tonic Recipes

It doesn't taste like I thought it would, it's not terrible tasting and has a mild flavor. I expected it to taste like chili powder and burn my tongue, but it's not bad.
Nice find Mia,I shall try this soon!

There were some changes to my sinus problems, which happen every winter. Had two cups of the tea, and this morning there was less swelling around the eyes. Think I'll try making the tonic as well. Don't know how often I can use it, and how it might affect my stomach lining. But there were noticeable results. Over the long term I don't know yet.

Day three of the turmeric tea experiment. Noticeable changes, less congestion in the sinuses. Swelling around the eyes and inflammation inside the nose has lessened.

Day five of the turmeric tea experiment. Inflammation in my sinuses is down but not gone. Spouses swollen bruise is no longer swollen. The tea itself seems to also lessen hunger, eating less.

Last edited:
I've been too sick to even leave my home to try this yet,but I'll work on it soon

Fifty-five days since the beginning of the turmeric tea experiment. Have had one cup of tea almost every other day since the experiment began. There are differences in inflammation levels in my body. Yet the changes are relatively slow, less inflammation in the sinuses, less swelling around the eyes. Sinus problems and bleeding nose are with me every year, until the end of March, when its warm enough to be outside for more hours in a day.

Have been eating more anti-inflammatory foods, blueberries, pineapple, bok choy, walnuts, tuna, oranges, more green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale and collards.

Have also found that the fresh turmeric root grated with fresh ginger is far better than using the powdered spices. It's less upsetting to the stomach. I've frozen an amount of the fresh root, and it works well when grated and made into tea.

Last edited:
I guess that just like many natural remedies,it will take time to have effect. I like how you have added other natural items to add to your diet,and hope all of it is improving your well being.

New Threads

Top Bottom