• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Crowdfunded campaign launched!

wanderer03

At the encouragement of a few good folks, I took the plunge today and launched my project called, The Autistic Nomad. The campaign website for the project is and my blog is The Autistic Nomad | One Man's Life Experiment Since I am unsure of whether or not I am violating a term of use, I am not seeking donations from this community. I only ask that if you think there is any merit or you have an inkling of interest to please share this to help get the word out. If I am in violation of a policy of AspiesCentral, then I offer my sincerest apologies in advance and please do not hesitate to take this posting down.

I think this needs to happen one way or another. There may be a method to gather support with ACs tacit approval or a work around.
Actions speak louder than words. I am not sure what crowd funding is, but selective and reasonable support may be a welcome tool in our effort to improve lives.

I think this needs to happen one way or another. There may be a method to gather support with ACs tacit approval or a work around.
Actions speak louder than words. I am not sure what crowd funding is, but selective and reasonable support may be a welcome tool in our effort to improve lives.
Crowd funding is essentially where you propose a project and ask people from the general public for donations to get you started. This is different from investing as there is no financial return for those who pay in. Often crowd finding utilizes a reward structure whereby those who donate a certain amount may receive an advanced copy of the product in question as well as some exclusive bonus material and/or merchandise.

Crowd funding is essentially where you propose a project and ask people from the general public for donations to get you started. This is different from investing as there is no financial return for those who pay in. Often crowd finding utilizes a reward structure whereby those who donate a certain amount may receive an advanced copy of the product in question as well as some exclusive bonus material and/or merchandise.
Datura, again a pleasure, thank you.

I actually took my campaign down yesterday. I was ridiculed beyond belief by peoplevwhom i thought were my friends on Facebook. Today I landed a dream job as a solo truck driver. I start on July 7th! No more suffering through underemployment as a security guard.

That sucks that people ridiculed you. Why would they do that? Oh, right! This is the internet. *sigh*

But hey, you landed a new job! I can't think of anything more appropriate for an "Aspie Nomad" then driving around the country in a truck. Just be sure to find some time to exercise and eat well. I understand the trucker lifestyle can really do a number on your health.

I actually took my campaign down yesterday. I was ridiculed beyond belief by peoplevwhom i thought were my friends on Facebook. Today I landed a dream job as a solo truck driver. I start on July 7th! No more suffering through underemployment as a security guard.
Congratulations...Sounds like you might get to do a small amount of your original plan and get paid to do it :)

Thanks, Nitro. I sure hope so but truckers are almost always rushing place to place.
I agree with you on the hurry,hurry lifestyle,but maybe you will stumble across something else you like while on the road. I have a good friend that started out with a moving company and is now an owner/operator of a W900 Kenworth with one of those huge household moving trailers. He is based out of Florida and gets to choose his own moves he wants to do. They have a network of guys that they use in just about every city in the USA for handling every load. He loves his work and turns a decent profit each year without a total rush on every run.

TransAm operates Kenworth T700 and T680 tractors. I hear they are the king. Maybe one day I could do that ....
Driver have a lot of downtime due to DOT regulations...you may find you have a lot of free "me" time to tackle some writing and exploration along the trail ;)

Driver have a lot of downtime due to DOT regulations...you may find you have a lot of free "me" time to tackle some writing and exploration along the trail ;)
With the electronic logs and clock management systems, downtime becomes less and less. As long as you keep below 70 hours in 8 days, you'll never need 34 hours off. Routes are now planned around the driver's electronic clock. The only thing that causes a hiccup are delays due to traffic, weather, or shippers and receivers. Also the occasional breakdown.

With the electronic logs and clock management systems, downtime becomes less and less. As long as you keep below 70 hours in 8 days, you'll never need 34 hours off. Routes are now planned around the driver's electronic clock. The only thing that causes a hiccup are delays due to traffic, weather, or shippers and receivers. Also the occasional breakdown.
I understand how it works for company drivers,but you have to remain optimistic that one day you may find something that fits your needs. Maybe you will find something else that would satisfy your wanderlust when working their network. You will meet a lot of interesting people on the road,I always have plus you can go hermit without raising an eyebrow ;)

I think I will. But I'll gladly trade autonomy for having all of the logistics taken care of for me. Executive functioning has been my weakness. I'm a good operator and relatively weak financial planner.

Most anyone who is successful at business will hire an accountant to handle money chores if they get in over their head. You only need to provide them with receipts for what you spend and how much you are making.

New Threads

Top Bottom