• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Conspiracy Theoriests

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexa roper

Anyone else here hugely fascinated by conspiracies of all kind? I just have a hard time believing that the world works EXACTLY like how we have been told by the government and media. I can spend hours researching, reading articles, watching videos, doing anything I can to try to figure out the truth, even though I'm fully aware that we as civilians may never know the full truth about everything that is going on in the world.

The con side of this, is once I get a new idea or conspiracy in my head, it is nearly impossible to get it out. It is all I think and talk about. Thankfully, it only lasts for a couple days and then I move on to something else. I don't think about conspiracies 24/7, but once one peaks my interest, I must pursue it.

Some examples of conspiracies that I have researched...
September 11, 2001, The Federal Reserve, The wars, Illuminati, New World Order, The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, The Dyatlov Pass Incident. I probably forgot some, but you get the idea.

I'm not looking to start a debate about anyone's stance on these issues, I just want to know if anyone loves researching these things as much as me ;)

I love researching them and finding different pov and all that but I certainly don't give most of the theories any credit. At the same time no I don't believe what we are told is always the truth.

I like to read up on them and look at theories people have, though I'm trying my best to keep from becoming one of those tinfoil hat people. It's good to question things and perhaps some theories might be more correct than media makes us believe.

If I were to worry about all theories, I would be awfully worried on a daily basis and try not to get involved with them too much. Though I guess when they affect me directly I'll probably be a bit cautious... perhaps overly cautious. But then again, better safe than sorry.

It's really more of a hobby than anything else. I just like to educate myself.

I love researching them and finding different pov and all that but I certainly don't give most of the theories any credit. At the same time no I don't believe what we are told is always the truth.

Yes, exactly. I look up every pov, not just the one I am trying to prove. I am a rational conspiracy theorist, I like to say. I admit when I am wrong, and If someone brings up a good counterpoint, I consider if heavily.
I don't let my views on anything affect my daily life though. I still go to work, still have other hobbies. But once I let myself start thinking about a theory, I will get lost in it for hours.

Oh I love throwing a good conspiracy around. There's nothing like seeing someone feeling uncomfortable about the blind faith theyve placed in others, when faced with a conspiracy theory. Yeah I know im bad, but some people's, head in the sand attitude, has to be tested at some point.

Oh I love throwing a good conspiracy around. There's nothing like seeing someone feeling uncomfortable about the blind faith theyve placed in others, when faced with a conspiracy theory. Yeah I know im bad, but some people's, head in the sand attitude, has to be tested at some point.

Agreed. My father is the most closed-minded, stubborn NT I have ever met in my life. Anytime I feel brave enough to share my thoughts on something, he'll immediately try to discredit me by calling me a conspiracy theorist (oooooh soooo insulting), or use his age to appear more wise than he actually is. You really can't ignore facts, though. I would rather see things with my own eyes than believe things just because it's what we're supposed to believe.

Agreed. My father is the most closed-minded, stubborn NT I have ever met in my life. Anytime I feel brave enough to share my thoughts on something, he'll immediately try to discredit me by calling me a conspiracy theorist (oooooh soooo insulting), or use his age to appear more wise than he actually is. You really can't ignore facts, though. I would rather see things with my own eyes than believe things just because it's what we're supposed to believe.
Governments of the day love citizens like your dad. Despite showing time and time again, that they have potential for intentional wrong doing, it seems some of us sleep better at night, in denial. Its amazing the lenghts people with employ, in the face of undeniable logic, to preserve their little reality bubble. Ive always maintained, if you deny a conspiracy is taking place, then you should be able to defend you position logically. Im happy to eat humble pie, in the face of well informed logic and debate

I agree completely. The truth is, most people are ignorant when it comes to certain things, but it's not their fault entirely. I hate to use the word 'brainwashed' because it sounds straight from a sci-fi movie, but I believe that the majority of people at least in this country are brainwashed to believe everything that their superiors tell them. And it doesn't even have to be about conspiracies. I mean, we are all kind of taught to believe that we are to grow up, go to college, get a job, get married, have kids, and then retire. It took me a long time to realize that it's okay to break the cycle. Life can be literally whatever you want it to be. Education and work are important, but it's not what we need to base our lives on.

Well now I'm just ranting. hehe

I don't dwell on or obsess about it much, but I think most things are conspiracies. For the most part, there's one answer to everything. "Follow the money".

But a big one for me is why we have the worst roads in the USA. Think about all the businesses that benefit from this. Repair shops, body shops, towing companies, car dealers, parts stores, hospitals, morticians, insurance companies, and the state who gets the proceeds from tickets (since there is no such thing as an accident here, it's a crash and someone is responsible and it can't be the faulty road which often times is actually the cause). All they have to do is sit back and let the weather do it's thing and blame the weather. Where if they boned up and maintained roads, they would spend money and in return less would be generated to businesses. Follow the money. With the conditions we have, we should be able to have the best damn roads in the USA and have something to be proud of.

Perhaps if our politicians and government were actually honest with us, I'd begin to think differently.

I don't dwell on or obsess about it much, but I think most things are conspiracies. For the most part, there's one answer to everything. "Follow the money".

But a big one for me is why we have the worst roads in the USA. Think about all the businesses that benefit from this. Repair shops, body shops, towing companies, car dealers, parts stores, hospitals, morticians, insurance companies, and the state who gets the proceeds from tickets (since there is no such thing as an accident here, it's a crash and someone is responsible and it can't be the faulty road which often times is actually the cause). All they have to do is sit back and let the weather do it's thing and blame the weather. Where if they boned up and maintained roads, they would spend money and in return less would be generated to businesses. Follow the money. With the conditions we have, we should be able to have the best damn roads in the USA and have something to be proud of.

Perhaps if our politicians and government were actually honest with us, I'd begin to think differently.

Precisely! I have accepted that things are just the way they are, but I just go on living in my happy little bubble of doing what I love to do :) No decent person would want to go into the shark infested profession of politics, so the only people that continue to get elected are generally immoral and money-hungry. I have never even thought about what you are saying about the roads, but that is an extremely good point! I feel that some of the 3-6 Trillion dollars that we have spent on the wars probably could have contributed to fixing this problem. But hey, what can ya do? If you have a job, you have to pay taxes. If you pay taxes, you're paying for the war.

I also have a pretty good solution to fix the ever increasing divorce rate in this country. Okay, pretend this is a law....
LAW5720 (made that up)- Any citizen of the United States can marry any other citizen (heterosexual, homosexual, etc), but no one under the age of 25 shall be allowed to marry.

I just think that would solve a lot.

I got given the nickname "conspiracy theorist" for quite some time, simply for not taking everything everyone said for granted. I was just extremely cautious and required proof for me to form an absolute opinion regarding something. That's just how I am.

I think I'm going to close this thread since we've had problems with similar threads in the past, particularly with people getting rude and trollish with people who don't agree with them about conspiracy theories, and these discussions are typically not productive and not really essential for an Asperger's Syndrome forum (as I have mentioned before, anyone who wishes to discuss these topics can find plenty of places elsewhere to do it). A lot of conspiracy theories are connected to extreme worldviews, a lot of the anti-"New World Order"/Freemason/Federal Reserve conspiracies have connections to anti-semitism and conspiracies about Jewish "international bankers" secretly running the world, which is obviously problematic. Also, it seems like most conspiracy theorists promote ideas such as vaccines causing autism (which has been thoroughly debunked) and other similar ideas that cause real harm (some people who subcribe to Sandy Hook shooting conspiracy theories have harassed family members of children killed in the shooting for their supposed role in faking it, which I find completely repugnant).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom