• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Concerns

ais89ggs

Are there types of people you can't stand to be around? My daughter will not go anywhere where there are small children and she barely goes anywhere there is a crowd. The small children are screamers when they want something.

She is also concerned that there's no one there for her for any decent amount of time - not including us as her parents. At times she worried that no one would stay around. In kindergarten, her class teacher changed three times within the first three months of the school year.

A counselor at her middle school worked closely with her and the counselor transferred to another job in the county school system. A teacher that convinced her and us to enroll her in the only high school nearby although I had some serious doubts. That teacher retired before the end of the school year.

In middle (junior high) school, she feared telling us that she'd been bullied (pushed into a wall) by another student because she was afraid that we wouldn't believe her because the teachers didn't believe her.

I, for one, am grateful that she graduated in June 2016 and she doesn't have to put up with bullies at school.

Even her therapist she's been seeing since February is leaving the state after recently marrying. Her last appointment with the therapist is June 1. The therapist, M, attempted to make her an appointment with another therapist in the same office but twice the new therapist changed the appointment without any notification.

Are there types of people you can't stand to be around? My daughter will not go anywhere where there are small children and she barely goes anywhere there is a crowd. The small children are screamers when they want something.

Yes, and I would agree with your daughter on not liking to be around small children. Two of my sisters in law are pregnant, both due before Christmas. Oh how I am not looking forward to that. I'm not fond of crowds either, and as I've got older the size of crowds I'm uncomfortable in has become smaller. I also don't like to be around particularly loud people, or overly extroverted people. I find them tiring to be around.

I also don't like to be around particularly loud people, or overly extroverted people. I find them tiring to be around.

I couldn't agree with both of you more. I've also noticed that children (especially infants/toddlers) have this annoying tendency to stare... a lot. I don't know why, but it just drives me nuts.

She is also concerned that there's no one there for her for any decent amount of time - not including us as her parents. At times she worried that no one would stay around. In kindergarten, her class teacher changed three times within the first three months of the school year.

A counselor at her middle school worked closely with her and the counselor transferred to another job in the county school system. A teacher that convinced her and us to enroll her in the only high school nearby although I had some serious doubts. That teacher retired before the end of the school year.

In middle (junior high) school, she feared telling us that she'd been bullied (pushed into a wall) by another student because she was afraid that we wouldn't believe her because the teachers didn't believe her.

I, for one, am grateful that she graduated in June 2016 and she doesn't have to put up with bullies at school.

Even her therapist she's been seeing since February is leaving the state after recently marrying. Her last appointment with the therapist is June 1. The therapist, M, attempted to make her an appointment with another therapist in the same office but twice the new therapist changed the appointment without any notification.
im sorry to say this but i hate small children,i feel extremely anxious around them because theyre very unpredictible and can start making high pitched noises any moment.
i had huge problems with my nieces when they were growing up [theyre 4 and 5 now,the 5 year old has a high pain threshold and rarely cries thankfully so i can relate to her and spend time with her],i had to sit with my ear defenders on around them and id run out the room hitting my head if one of them cried,the younger one has a very high pitched dramatic scream-a nightmare.

i can also understand your daughters issue with being left by people- from 18 i had many,many,many different professionals in my life; support workers,social workers,SALTs,OTs etc they continuously changed and it made my attachment disorder worse.
i always ask my staff now,are you going to leave? when are you going to leave? are you going to come back and visit if you leave? and i never believe them when they say theyre definitely coming back to visit as they never do.

New Threads

Top Bottom