• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Collecting dolls

I've always wanted to start a doll collection but, of course, got taken the piss out of for wanting dolls when I was a teenager and an adult...

Well my daughter who is 8 has these Monster High dolls, which I adore and I'm so jealous of her dolls!

I want to start collecting them to display on shelves, but is it weird to do that at 28 years old?

So, what's wrong with being weird? I've encountered lots of very vile behavior from people considered normal.

I also sucked my thumb, until I was 14 I think.
Has anyone heard of BJDs or Ball Jointed Dolls? I'm very interested in getting a cheaper one to experiment face-ups on. I'll definitely end up with a few in the future.

I also sucked my thumb, until I was 14 I think.
Has anyone heard of BJDs or Ball Jointed Dolls? I'm very interested in getting a cheaper one to experiment face-ups on. I'll definitely end up with a few in the future.
I do I have some BJDs they are so cute.

I don't think it's weird at all to collect dolls! I'm in my mid-20s and my shelves are full of stuffed animals, little plastic animals, die cast cars, Smurfs, Disney Tsum Tsums....you get the idea. :blush: If collecting dolls makes you happy, then go for it! I'm very sorry to hear you were ridiculed for liking dolls before.

This reply is extremely late, obviously, but no, that’s not weird at all! There are lots of people who collect dolls. Unfortunately though, dolls and doll collecting is still viewed as weird by a lot of people... It’s really not weird. If you love and are passionate about something that doesn’t hurt anybody at all, then go for it! There are so many people that will try to bully and talk down on us because of our unconventional interests. But they don’t matter. What matters is what you like! I myself am 16 and have a very large doll collection. Even though I am a lot younger than some other doll collectors I still get met with criticism and weird looks, “you’re 16 and still play with Barbies?” I don’t play with them, but if I did, why should that matter? Honestly, people should just mind their own business. This is way too long and I’m sorry but 5is is a specific subject that I am very passionate about.

I collect fashion dolls and limited edition musical porcelain dolls. I have some unusual musical porcelain dolls including a frog, two lambs, two cows, two pigs, two foxes, and a duck! I also have three musical 42 inch porcelain dolls. I was into Barbie for a long time but since Mattel cut back on quality, I’ve been collecting the Lol Surprise OMG dolls which have much better clothing and outfits and have more variety of skin tones. I am also attempting to learn how to make clothing for them and I occasionally restyle my dolls’ hair.

What scale are they?
They are a little bit shorter than a Barbie and about as tall as a Monster High/Ever After High doll but not as short as Bratz. OMG dolls can wear some current Barbie clothes if they aren’t restrictive and jackets and can wear older Barbie skirts but the skirts will be loose. OMG dolls have wider hips similar to older Barbie’s but their torsos are smaller but not super skinny like Bratz, MH, and EAH dolls. They can also wear Bratz jewelry and accessories and some tops. Shoes are a bit interesting as OMG dolls can wear the short MH/EAH doll shoes and some regular size MH shoes depending on the style but not much else and Boxy Girl shoes fit perfectly which is strange as Boxy Girls are much shorter than OMG dolls. The OMG house is around the same size as a Barbie three story dream house. Accessories are the same size as other fashion dolls.

New Threads

Top Bottom