• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Clothes - Do you like to wear the same outfit?

Funny. I've never thought of this as an Aspie trait, but I am that way. During the week for work, I tend to wear nothing but khaki pants and a blue or neutral colored shirt. On weekends, I wear jeans and a T-shirt. I've been wearing this combination of clothes for years without change.

Such questions remind me of Jeff Goldblum playing Seth Brindle in "The Fly".

Where as a gifted scientist he shows his girlfriend his "wardrobe", which consists of multiple copies of the same suits, shirts, jackets and shoes. Stressing the brain power not wasted each morning in fussing over what to wear. :bounce:

Works for me...just have about five pairs of jeans all different colors. Haven't worn slacks in years.

I didn't realise until my ex pointed out that apart from the white shirts, almost all of my shirts are blue. Funny thing is, I wouldn't have consciously chosen blue as a colour to wear over any other.

I wear the same cargo blue and green shorts every day, even in the winter and every day I wear a red John (the mentalist) smiley face t shirt. I do this every day with no exceptions. If I want a hat I wear an Adidas blue baseball cap and my only coat is a red spray way goretex jacket. I also have week based Star Trek TOS socks I wear each week. My bag that I take everywhere is a Gillette rucksack that is black and I keep my laptop in there.

One of my obsessions is QVC. Need I say more? I really love jammies! That was my main reason for going into nursing - I can work in jammies then go home and lounge in jammies! It just doesn't get any better than that. :)

I wear a lot of black because I find it comforting or colours that aren't too bright for my light sensitivity. I also prefer hood on my sweatshirts because when I feel overwhelmed in public putting up my hood makes me feel safer. I can't wear many fabrics because I'm sensitive to them but prefer cotton because it's soft. I can't wear tight clothes for too long because they either itch or I feel constricted after a certain period of time. I like shoes to be slightly too big because I hate for my big toe to touch the end. I have to wear the same sock on the same foot, e.g. have a left sock, because otherwise they feel wrong. I don't like tags or seams that have scratchy bits. I don't like collars that are too tight. I don't like highwaisted clothes because they feel to constricting. I don't like wearing shorts shorter than halfway down my thighs because they touch and I don't like the sensation of them rubbing together. I can't wear any kind of thermal undergarment because they're all either wool or synthetic and they make me itch really bad. I tend to wear the same few sets of clothes over and over because it's difficult to find clothes that are comfortable, given all the above problems.

13996189_538416163014339_6086644120879590922_o.jpg
For comfort reasons and because I just love this one pair of tracksuit bottoms, I wear the same pair of Patrick tracksuit bottoms everyday. Never never really a jeans kid. I'm not to up on the big brands like your nikes n adidas, I only wear Patrick for sportswear as they the best in my opinion, they look nice and feel nice on,

I always wear jeans, white sneakers, and a colored izod shirt with a collar. I find it a big deal for me to switch to something like a striped shirt.

I usually wear dark colours, such as grey, black, or dark blue, like I wear grey trousers at the moment, not "dressed up" trousers, although I'll probably be wearing that kind of thing in a bit, we're going to a do for my Cousin's 40th tonight, should be good, we don't see much of our Lindsey, and she's always been one of my fave Cousins on Dad's side, she's a lot like her Mum, Auntie Mal, who's sadly no longer with us, she died in 2005 after health problems from a life time of heavy smoking.

Anyway back on topic, I also regularly like to wear my black and grey Batman costume with a big massive black cape, Mum hates it when I wear it in public though unless it's to specific events such as Halloween or Comic Con where other folk are dressed up as well and I don't look out of place.

Last edited:
I have 3 pairs of jeans, 3 tshirts and 3 vest-tops I wear in rotation. I often joke to my partner that the other parents at the school must think I never change my clothes lol. I also only own 1 pair of boots, which I wear everyday

I do have other clothes, but I'm not comfortable in any of them so I don't wear them

The "favorite jeans" I mentioned in my first post in this thread are now worn out and full of holes. :rolleyes: I bought new, snug jeans at a thrift store two years ago, but recently realized I actually like loose, comfortable clothes. So I bought some "frumpy" jeans on Amazon and they're GREAT, except the elastic waistband is too loose on me and they don't have belt loops. I cut the belt loops off my old worn pair and will glue them on with fabric glue soon. (Would sew if our ghost would stop stealing parts out of my mom's sewing machine. :angry: ) I also bought some athletic pants (even though I'm not athletic lol), a big cardigan sweater to replace my old hoodies, and a tunic dress to wear with leggings because I felt like trying something new and it sounded comfortable. :p The dress is the only item that hasn't arrived yet, and so far I like all the pieces. :)

These will probably become the basic pieces I wear every day (along with the t-shirts I currently have). I like buying new clothes but I do tend to rotate only a few outfits. Especially since the outfit I wear most of all is my work uniform.

I have a limited wardrobe only because I find it hard to find comfortable clothes. Some shirts I have two of. I'm a wear it until it has holes in it kind of person. I really only wear black leggings but have different color shirts.

Not the same articles of clothing, but the same style. Shorts, and tanks/sleeveless T's, for sensory reasons. No ragged clothing at all in my wardrobe. I do care about the quality of my clothing.

Not the same outfits but a consistent style. Almost always black, only other colours being dark purple and dark red. Always dresses, tops and skirts, only one pair of black jeans and I only wear them with a short dress never just with a top. Shoes are either ballet flats or chunky platforms (boots and heels).
My accessories are chokers, earrings and rings. Never bracelets or bangles due to sensory reasons.
I wear mostly cotton, lace or velvet. Not a fan of polyester for sensory reasons.

I can't wear Jeans, well I sort of can, but the ones that are Shop bought, the legs are always too long and you can't get the exact waist size I need, a 40 inch waist is a bit too wide, but I can't get in a 36 inch, and they don't seem to do anything in between like a 38 inch.

New Threads

Top Bottom