• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Clearly I have a split personality...

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
When I first went to the hospital for suicide watch, I told my nurse, Ursula, about my supposed "dark side". She decided to give "him" the name Tameron, (Dafuq kinda name is that?)
And I've kinda stuck with it ever since.

Tameron is....REALLY moody. He often depicts himself as me as an emo, though despite such there are no signs of me self harming as I've never done so (though I have wished upon it before)

I was Tameron just a few minutes ago when, I posted that I wished my recent OOBE had killed me in the projection process.

("Damn it! Why did you tell everyone that?!" "Hey! I can't keep these,feelings,bottled up!",See what I mean? Watch it, he's a biter. Oh god I think I'm schizophrenic.)

I wouldn't take what she said too literally. If she knew you were autistic then that's not a very helpful thing to say because of our tendency to take things literally.

People who have Dissociative Identity Disorder (that's what multiple personality disorder or split personality disorder is called now) can have fully fleshed out stories about themselves, different names, accents, genders, sexual preference, behaviours, personal history, different patterns of thinking and views on the world, different ages. You also may not remember what has happened if another personality was in control.

Dissociative Identity Disorder is also not schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a psychotic illness involves hallucinations, delusions, lack of motivation and energy, amongst a plethora of other symptoms. And Dissociative Identity Disorder is a dissociative disorder hence the name.

Try not to take these things as literal. And don't self diagnose. It can do a lot of damage.

When I first went to the hospital for suicide watch, I told my nurse, Ursula, about my supposed "dark side". She decided to give "him" the name Tameron, (Dafuq kinda name is that?)
And I've kinda stuck with it ever since.

Tameron is....REALLY moody. He often depicts himself as me as an emo, though despite such there are no signs of me self harming as I've never done so (though I have wished upon it before)

I was Tameron just a few minutes ago when, I posted that I wished my recent OOBE had killed me in the projection process.

("Damn it! Why did you tell everyone that?!" "Hey! I can't keep these,feelings,bottled up!",See what I mean? Watch it, he's a biter. Oh god I think I'm schizophrenic.)

Why are you "kinda stuck" with a label given to any aspect of yourself?

Does having another name for some of your feelings make you feel safer,
because somehow you can be you, but without the responsibility for it?

What do you hope to accomplish in the various threads you start?
You create a stance for other people to regard and ponder.
They offer reassurance or advice.
What effect do the responses have on you?

Everyone has moods, some more than others. When I am overwhelmed, sometimes I get cranky or mean as I just want the issue/person to go away. Sometimes it is just knowing when everything becomes overwhelming and telling others I need alone time and they know to respect it. Right now, I only have one other to tell.

A multiple personality is more than moods. I had a boyfriend back in the 80's that had multiple personalities. Most knew little about the others and the main did not know about them at all. After we moved in together, I found four; one female. The female wanted to kill me and assume my identity. We stayed 3 months at my place as he had to find a new place to live. I stayed at work a lot during this time. Between identities, he would go into a trance like state and emerge as his new identity. As far as I could figure out, he was like this due to the torture he endured as an infant/young child from his mother. One of the alts remembered it. He had cigarette burn scars from his mother still on his body.

He called me about a year after our separation. He had been seeing a psychiatrist specializing in multiple personalities. He was working out issues and wanted to get back together but there was no way I could deal with it.

If you have multiple personalities, you would need to be referred to a psychiatrist specializing in this. Everyone has a darker side. Just called being human. Some have more darkness looking into the abyss than others. Both my husband and I looked into the abyss when we were going through difficult times in the long ago past. Both of us are glad to not jumped.

New Threads

Top Bottom