• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Car Park

holbrook

For those who drive: you're going to the shops, you've gotten into the car park and now looking for some place to park your car.

Do you prefer parking as close to the front as you can, have no preference or even if there is an empty space directly in the front you look for a spot in the back or as close to the back as you can tolerate the amount of walking required?

I don't care, but I normally park near the back because the front is normally nearly full and I can't be bothered to cruise around trying to find a space and then negotiate into one with cars on both sides when there is loads of space near the back. I have never understood why so many people put so much effort into parking as close to the shop as possible just to avoid a 2 minute walk.

I usually park out were nobody else is, but for a different reason. I am usually driving my work truck, a very large 4 x 4 pick-up. Todays parking lots are built for todays cars. Small spaces for small cars. It is just more trouble than it is worth to try a squeeze that truck between two cars.

I would probably park under a tree kilometres away and wander around for a couple of hours in the scorching sun trying to remember what I'm there for before going home and ordering the stuff online.

I like to park away from other cars i always stick to the same area to park in the supermarket aswel im a creature of habit.

I drive my wife mad. Always end up looking for a double space. I hate trying to squeeze between two cars when i can park where there plenty of space.

Away from others if I'm in my work van or my wife's four runner. It's less stressful than squeezing between two cars. In my Jeep I can squeeze it in anywhere, but if a bunch of cars are haggling for spots I just whip it in anywhere. Life's too short to waste time trying to park close to the door.

I had to learn the hard way here to park as far away from any other vehicle as possible when we have high winds.

Twice was enough. :mad:

I use a wheelchair so it's not safe for me to be walking through parking lots. Drivers don't see people moving at wheelchair height, so I park in the handicap spaces whenever I can, they are up front.

I'm lazy so I'll try and park as close to the front as possible.

Although it annoys me when I do park in the middle of the empty car park, someone parks next to me - why?!

It doesn't matter to me where I park, I like to park where I can pull ahead to the space in front, so I don't have to back out when I leave...

What I don't understand are those people who insist that only the closest parking space to their destination will do. For example, an idiot blocking my way because he/she is waiting for someone else to reverse out of a parking space even though there are plenty of spaces just a few metres further away! In God's name, why are people so damned lazy?!

I usually look for a space next to shopping cart stalls....so I can park close to them and distance my other side to other parked cars. I don't care if they are hundreds of yards from the building. Whatever it takes to avoid any more dings...

I'm lazy so I'll try and park as close to the front as possible.

Although it annoys me when I do park in the middle of the empty car park, someone parks next to me - why?!

This is something I just can't get my head round! Why do people do this? Happens all the time, you pick a space in middle of nowhere in the car park and someone always parks beside you! What are these people thinking?

New Threads

Top Bottom