• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can you stand shoes?

Like wearing shoes?

• Yes

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Usually

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Flip Flops ewe

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Flip Flops yay

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
I'm okay with shoes, but if I'm in the house I'd rather not wear them. I can't stand socks though and haven't worn them regularly since I was 9.

Nice looking shoes like leather shoes or high heels are terrible. Leather shoe's borders are digging into my feet when I walk, or at least every one I tried did. An his heels is well known to be torture, even for NTs (who buy into the myth that you need to suffer to be beautiful: If you need to suffer to be beautiful, then it's because beauty standards are messed up!). Girls shoes also tend to be more pointy, even with running shoes so I usually wear men shoes.
This too, I always lean towards the men's (or rather boys) skater shoes, girls sneakers and running shoes are crazy skinny normally!

Better question: do I have to wear shoes? My feet aren't made of steel and I believe we've progressed significantly since the stone age, so yes. Do I like wearing them? Can't say, but I'll let the lack of cuts, bruises and callouses speak for my feet.

For me, I am okay with wearing shoes, but I prefer wearing just socks. I can not STAND going barefoot though. I can't deal with the changes of temperature and texture on my feet. It's way too overwhelming. With shoes, I can take them or leave them, but I absolutely MUST have SOMETHING on my feet any time my feet will be touching the floor or ground

Shoes are not very comfortable for me in general. Rather go barefoot. But not in the winter, because it's cold. Would actually prefer to just wear socks, but they wear out you know. Currently only wearing boots, because my old sneakers wore out. I do not like wearing boots, though. Just don't have anything else and don't have my own money, so I need to finagle my mom to go shoes shopping with me, and she's gonna complain about how long it takes me to pick something out. Most likely refuse to go to another store if they don't have anything I like. *sigh*

New Threads

Top Bottom