• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Burden

I've had a series of emotional breakdowns. Not even my dear friend MyWay can help me. I feel ALONE!

I've had a series of emotional breakdowns. Not even my dear friend MyWay can help me. I feel ALONE!
I was hospitalized twice last year and once the year prior. You are not alone. I suffer from depression which can be a co-morbidity with autism. The good news is that it is possible to put depression in check.

I'm happy playing golf. I played very poorly Sunday at the State Tournament. I gave it away to a player I can beat with my hands tied behind me.

I'm happy playing golf. I played very poorly Sunday at the State Tournament. I gave it away to a player I can beat with my hands tied behind me.
These things happen man. We are human and have our ups and downs. Tiger Woods sure has them. When the rain clears, hit the links for some "non-competitive fun"

My thing used to be bowling. I did it in college and my coach wanted me to try out for the PBA Tour. I made it to the third and final round of tryouts. All I had to do was break 200 because the first two games were high 200s. I got a 197. It was pretty devastating. Now, I just bowl for fun.

The bottom line is that as human beings we can expect some inconsistency in our lives. As easier to say than it is to do, please try and not get discouraged. Had I the accumulated wisdom in college that I have now, I never would've quit bowling.

2013-05-23-07-15-16-D1-Golf-Town.jpg

Thought this might cheer you up EricD, this opened nearby a while back. I think that Wanderer is right everyone has their off days, my brother and father were quite good golfers. Yet every time my brother played against my Dad he consistently lost. He could never beat my Dad. I think he thought it would disrespectful somehow, but it certainly frustrated him.

I love golf and bowling. I'm not that good at either one but that's OK. It gives me something to strive for. For those times when I can't play, I have the PBA game on my phone as well as a golf star app.

Why do you feel like you are a burden to people Eric? Is it because of a situation that is temporary? Are there ways you can improve your situation?

Things in life are always changing. Just because you are in a rough spot now doesn't mean you will always be.

I can't handle failure. I'm driven to succeed at everything I do. My loss at the SOKY State Golf Championship was devastating. I'm also dealing with PTSD and nightmares.

Sorry to hear that. Don't give up. Just keep on striving to improve. It sort of gives you a goal to work towards.

As far as the PTSD, that's got to be tough. I have been going through something like extreme anxiety myself and my heart pounds at night sometimes and it feels like a constant adrenaline flow like I am running from something. It can be tough. Hang in there.

Does SOKY stand for southern Kentucky? Beautiful state. I'm in N.C.

SOKY is Special Olympics Kentucky. IA the 12 time and current Location area golf champion. I was the State champion for 3 years.

Adora, I need your help. MyWay can't help me, & I trust that two of you completely. Meet me on Skype.

New Threads

Top Bottom