• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Been invited to next stage of application for Santander

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

Got a message on the mobile yesterday, they want me to go ahead to the next stage of the application process for UK Bank Santander for customer service role.

Just tried to ring up and they're not taking calls at the moment.

I truly admire your perseverance, Rich, to find work, despite all that seems to be against you!

I remember going for an interview when I was 18 in London. I was petrified and even more so, when I was confronted by the building and thought: no way, surely not! It looked so plush that I wanted to turn away, but something in me told me to just gone in.

It was a shop that sold for merchandise for Japanese tourists and run by a Japanese firm. I went in with a surreal sensation and even more so in the interview.

I left that building with a sigh of relief and thought: I am so glad that is over and then, a week later, I got a call to say that I was being called in for a second interview; that I had made it to the short list :eek: I was both amazed and felt sick with worry and thus, went back and was told that despite my lack of skills, he felt there was something about me that would draw costumers and so, got the job.

It only lasted a year and a bit, but it did give me experience.

That's wonderful news! I hope this works out for you :)! I am waiting on a job right now myself....I am supposed to hear back this week, but last time they never bothered. I will call them by the end of the week if I don't hear from them....but in the past, that leads to a voicemail and no reply, so unfortunately I'm feeling a big guarded by it all. But I'm doing all that I can.

That's wonderful news! I hope this works out for you :)! I am waiting on a job right now myself....I am supposed to hear back this week, but last time they never bothered. I will call them by the end of the week if I don't hear from them....but in the past, that leads to a voicemail and no reply, so unfortunately I'm feeling a big guarded by it all. But I'm doing all that I can.

Well I've been trying the Lady from Santander all day and they've not answered.

I can't really try tomorrow as I've got my course, and we're out all day Friday.

Well I tried to contact them this morning during break time, no answer, didn't leave a message as I already have done when I tried yesterday.

One question though, due to dexterity issues I can't really wear formal attire such as a shirt and tie, would they accommodate this as part of the work uniform under "reasonable adjustments"? On the other hand I wouldn't want to look "out of place".

Last edited:
Well I've been trying to contact this Laura woman all week, and she's not answering, so they can't be that desperate to hire me.

I might just try again in a minute·

I've just rung them again this morning and had a message on the Mobile to ring them back.

They've just rung, the job is not suitable, it's a contact centre. They said too look on their jobs website for part time work and I have done, but it's too many hours, 16 and 3/4, and the salary is about £15,000 a year, I can only earn just over 6 grand a year without sanctions, not my fault or problem.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom