• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism or not?

Maryam

I am writing here regarding some problems in my daughter?s health and would like to know what your thought are?

Well here is our story. We are from Baku, Azerbaijan. My daughter was born in October 11th, 2011. Her name is Eeman. My pregnancy was good enough, but after a long flight from USA to Azerbaijan on 35th week I had a hypoxia. I took some meds to solve this problem. Delivery of baby was not bad too. But she had and still has hyper-tonus. But as far as I can see now hypoxia damaged her brain and this affects her development now.
We will be 1.6 years old in Apr 15th and she still does not walk independently. She is ok with walking by holding sofa, furniture, walls or if I hold both her hands, but if not she stops it and sits. But she crawls, standing by holding things when she needs, when independently sits and keeps crawling to a new destination etc.
Another two things worrying me a lot are:
1.She does not respond to her name. BUT. It really depends. If I just entered room and she haven?t seen me all day she will respond to it, or if anyone else just came and calls her name she will turn her face to that person. But when we are together all day and if I call her from other room she may ignore it, or turn to me after 10 times of repeating her name.
2.She likes to grab anything she can and knock it to the floor. Again only on the surfaces making noise. She never does it on carpet and if she is there she find a place making noise. But she does it for few minutes, not more.
3.And does not react to ?give?, ??take??, ??drop?? etc. Well she can respond to ?give it to me? if she want me to help her to play with any toy, built something etc. If she wants me to show her pics in book she will grab my hand and take me to book, or she will take her water bottle and give it to me which means she wants to drink, but if bottle is open she will drink herself. Or she will bring me her ball if she want to play with that etc.

But she has visual contact, she look in eyes when I talk to her, or somebody else does so.

She smiles when we smile to her, she never cries or scare when new people join us. She can look at them smile and she is fine until they disturb her, for example she reacts to doctors only when they try to check her ears, throat etc.

She plays with toys, she love xylophone which makes noises, loves turning over the pages her books, if I tell her that I am running and hiding she will laugh and crawl to find me and when she does, and when she does she laughs so loud.

She recognizes myself, her dad, my mom, my sisters, I mean people she used to see. With all other people she is very friendly too, I mean she never cries in loud and crowded places.

She doesn't not talk, I mean she talks all day in her own way, but does not pronounce any word correctly. Last few days she started to repeat numbers from 1 to 3, it happened after we?ve been doing it for a long time and showing her numbers in a book. She even does not say mom or dad, but I ask her where dad is she will look around to find a photo of him.

She loves when I sing her her and dance, she claps her hands and laugh.

She loves to explore new things, boxes, shelves etc.

She can start to cry if she wanted to do something and I didn't let her to. But it take 2-3 minutes, when if I try to interest her with something else, it works.

We never had major problems with gastrointestinal tract, no long term diarrhoea or constipation. But we had indigested food pieces in our stool and to avoid it I decided to start a diet. We put all diary and floury products out of our menu. All we eat now is:

1. Rice

2. Red potatoes

3. Meat

4. Chicken

5. Pears

6. Onions (in soups)

7. Buckwheat

Only one gap in our diet is her follow up ?milk? which has soya in it, but I?ve started to reduce it too and will replace it with something allowed very soon.

I give her probiotics. This one:

Ther-Biotic Infant Formula 2.1oz by Klaire Labs

Ther-Biotic Infant Formula 2.1oz by Klaire Labs at BlueSkyVitamin.com

We visited few doctors here and I was told her she does not have Autism, but she is definitely behind of physical and brain development. But I see signs and I am not find with that and I also don?t want to sit and wait till she overgrow it. I want to help her and I will!

What do you think we should do now? I want to start Biomed treatment. What do you think?

Thanks
Maryam

hi maryam and welcome.

I don't have kids yet or kids with aspergers ... but it seems to me that some of the things you have described could just be normal child behaviours. The only one that kind of stands out is the not looking when you call her name.

I have read that aspergers and autism are very difficult to diagnosis at this point in time in children under about two or three years of age. However if autism can be detected a bit earlier by things like the child lining up or arranging items from what I have read.

My advise would be to see a doctor, a pediatrician specifically, and explain to the doctor that you are concerned by these behaviours. On this forum we can only give you a best guess based on experience but a doctor can do a bit better than that if there is something wrong.

hope this helps.

New Threads

Top Bottom