• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Autism is genetic....

I knew that already. Just makes me wonder where I got mine from. I don't know anyone in my family with an ASD of any sort besides myself.

Well, it must have skipped a couple of generations. Not sure how much it'd help if you knew. Being adopted, I don't know anything about my 'real' parents.

Autism genetic? I never had a doubt. A few people in my family have autistic traits and they seem to have converged into me.

It seemed near enough certain to me, without even knowing my parents. As, supposedly, my adoptive ones rapidly noticed me being 'different' & there's not really any other serious explanation been offered for it. Assuming nobody here goes for the vaccine one!

I read somewhere last year that a gene for autism has actually been identified but a gene for Aspergers hasnt. I wonder how different they would be if an Aspergers gene is found.

New Threads

Top Bottom