• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie son a condescending jerk??

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's such a condescending jerk to her, then he isn't likely confiding in her about his superior, more successful interactions with friends. So my question to what you said is: how the heck does she know ANYTHING about how he is around peers? Does she have super spy equipment?

And I know you're harping on the term evil. Maybe it's a strong word. But condescending jerk is incredibly dismissive and harsh to say about ones son.

She says he has been doing it since 15, so it's easy enough to simply observe directly and ask his teachers while he's still in high school.

If they live near the school he attends now (even if he moved out), it's also easy enough to get word from people about him, even unsolicited. If they don't, it's harder, but it sounds like he still calls and texts, so presumably he tells them at least a little about his social life. If he has friends, then it's not likely he's treating them the same way he's reportedly treating his sibling and parents.

I think you're making a lot of your own assumptions, with interpretations with roots in your own history, and I don't see the things you're claiming are so damning, but you are right in that it's possible that the issue is more with the parents than the son. It's worthwhile for the OP to consider that possibility and make sure their son isn't simply responding to cues from them.

Only she and her son know the truth.

For the record, I'd be real bothered if someone had the ultimate right to define me with my personal acquaintances. I know it happens all of the time. But where is the line between actual concern (like your kid may be dating an Internet predator) and some creep who knows she can get away with anything by playing the concerned mom card (my experience). It's all worth a look at! Thanks for hanging in with me dragonwolf.

Anyone who has posted something 'challenging' to the OP will likely be far less exacting to her than raising a child.

Answering any challenging posts should really be a breeze as well as a chance to reconsider, and possibly learn.

Her emotional responses do not look particularly autistic to me - not returning a text or not speaking because a text she received from someone with autism was 'condescending'

Hey, it can happen. It takes all sorts.

Nothing wrong with looking at ourselves first if there is a problem.

My guess is the OP isn't perfect - just like the rest of us aren't perfect.

Another perspective and viewpoint can be helpful.

And of course, you're questioning her autism because she's female and expresses emotions. Wow, that's a really sexist and out-moded way of thinking.

And of course, you're questioning her autism because she's female and expresses emotions. Wow, that's a really sexist and out-moded way of thinking.

No it isn't. I'm questioning it because of what was written.

I'm also posing a challenge to the way the OP presented her problem.

Perhaps time to look to yourself first. As well as the Op.

It is your assumption in the words you wrote after 'because' as well as 'of course'

Sort look in the mirror and say 'wow' again as you were wrong.

My words 'another perspective and viewpoint can be helpful'

They still stand.

"Of course" meaning that is typical of fridge Magnets?
Do you know fridge magnets personally?
Are you also the OP under a different name? If not, why are you particularly interested in defending her?

I took his comment about an emotional response to be not sexist (as im a female) but to mean she was incredibly defensive, unwilling to hear an opposing perspective.

Making assumptions/nit-picking each other's posts is not supportive, nor contributing anything productive.

The OP's last post was a few pages ago. I hope some of the input here was helpful.

I'll be closing this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom