• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie girls, what guy do you think is attractive?

Ste11aeres

So today I heard Brad Pitt mentioned once again as the epitome of male attractiveness, and the usual thought came to mind What the heck is the big deal with Brad Pitt? He's not that good looking, I don't know enough about his personality to know if he's charming, but anyway, what's the big deal

Then I started wondering, what if us Aspies have a different taste for attractiveness? Maybe Brad Pitt is handsome by NT standards? Maybe some other guy would be more attractive to an Aspie?

So, girls, describe a guy you find attractive.
You can tell what type of guy you routinely like...
Or mention that one special individual...

Physical characteristics? Personality? In detail please :p

Last edited:
For me, physical attractiveness (or at least the NT opinion of that) is not a big deal. I don't find Brad Pitt attractive either. So for me, it's personality.

I like a very intelligent guy who can talk about what I'm interested in, and is so enthusiastic about what he finds fascinating that some of that can't help but run on to me. He would be calm and very rational, and have a quirky sense of humor (i.e. make science jokes or laugh about ironic things). He'd be very polite and patient and love animals, and not be afraid to openly admit that. He'd smile a lot. He'd be interested in sheep and willing to jump in and learn if that isn't something he's already familiar with. He'd like to do things and talk about very interesting random things. He'd have a heart and be willing to help me take care of baby lambs and ewes in labor, even in the freezing cold, and be able to just sit there and enjoy being around them. He'd be somebody I can be totally comfortable being myself around.

This is the case whether I'm interested in a platonic friendship or future spouse. It's very much a love of the mind and soul, and an attraction to that, not really physical attraction. And no, I don't have a special someone.

I am attracted to intelligence. That's why I seem so indifferent to whether he is a psychopath; if he is smart, it really doesn't matter. I don't want pity, I prefer intellectual stimulation, and rational minds make me feel safe. Physically, I suppose good health is the important thing, although I won't hold it against him if he gets sick, or has some illness that he could not easily have avoided himself.

For me physcial attractiveness is a big deal my younger sister gets annyoed with me becuase in the store I'm constantly telling her "ooh look at him he's cute!" I think I see in "pictures" like Temple Grandin but maybe not as vivid so maybe thats why I see that first but I think if I got to sit down and talk to a boy I would be able to recoginize personailty triats that I like. Thats my theory.

I only really find one male attractive. In him I like his personality and his looks. Unfortunately his personality isn't real. :(

........but i'm still waiting for Robert Downey Jr to notice I'm alive!! :p

Tony_Stark_Avengers_03.jpgTony_Stark_Avengers_03.jpg

Physical appearance isn't really the main thing that I look for in a guy. My ideal guy would have to have a great sense of humor, is very caring, and has a great outlook on life.

im also not big into physical appearence although i have a thing for eyes and hair for some reason, i love grey hair
personality wise i say humour is my biggest need, i have to be able to laugh at someone and with them
i very rarely see a guy and think wow tbh

Like many of the other posts here, I'd have to say intelligence makes a guy very attractive. Confidence, adherence and commitment to his own ideals, the ability to rationally discuss almost any subject, patience, a somewhat dominant personality, and no desire to casually curse! :giggle2:

Since I am a mostly asexual male with slight bisexual tendencies:

Brian Cox.

The man is beautiful, adorable, sweet-natured, incredibly excited about science, and damned smart. Perfect combination, in my opinion.

Since I'm gay, I suppose I can answer this question.

Some famous guys that I find hot/cute include:
Edward Snowden
Bradley Manning
Brian Cox is absolutely gorgeous. I'd let him put my electrons an an excited state, haha!
The guy who plays Derek Morgan in Criminal Minds.
Richard Feynman is also a qt 3.14. 8/10 would listen to physics lecture.

Appearance may bear some weight but once I know someone well, I no longer "see" what they look like but their mind and personality combination. I am interested in nerdy males with a creative bent and passion for everything they do. They tend to be determined and strong to others but a softy for me. : ) I've only met two. I love intelligence, wit, and humor. Someone who likes to learn as well as teach. Someone who understands my love for words and I would hope he shared my interest. I love peace as much as a good conversation. I love to laugh with someone, make them laugh, and for them to make me laugh. It makes me relaxed and seems to draw me closer.

I have a type, but I also have the appearance of my ex because I still love him.

I'll describe my type as they are different to ex, I like the tall lanky "shaggy" look. Don't mind too much what the hair or skin colour is but I admit to preferring Caucasians with a light tan. It's harder to find different races as attractive.

I'd perv at a man who was a little younger, about 18ish, floppy hair do, either side of 6 foot, thin but toned, one odd feature like a pointy tooth or something, dressed casual but a bit geeky. Some stubble.

I have a type, but I also have the appearance of my ex because I still love him.

I'll describe my type as they are different to ex, I like the tall lanky "shaggy" look. Don't mind too much what the hair or skin colour is but I admit to preferring Caucasians with a light tan. It's harder to find different races as attractive.

I'd perv at a man who was a little younger, about 18ish, floppy hair do, either side of 6 foot, thin but toned, one odd feature like a pointy tooth or something, dressed casual but a bit geeky. Some stubble.

Hey! Stay away from my little brother!

I don't consciously "fall for" the same kind of guy, but I've noticed I have a particular taste in guys. They seem to speak in the same way, like, pronounce words very clearly if that makes sense. Often wear glasses and are "nerdy" I suppose. Guys like Mo Rocca, Matthew Gray Gubler, Alton Brown, ... I was at the library the other day and this guy who works there said "excuse me, honey" and I nearly ran away and kept observing him while trying to find the books I was looking for. :unsure:

I don't know anything about Brad Pitt or who he is. How could he be attractive to me instead of just aesthetically pleasing?

I like:
Intelligence
Creativity
High EQ
High empathy
Passionate about a subject
Appreciates art, especially film and literature
Strong communicator
Artistic
Curious
Strong inner child
Enjoys sarcasm and dry humor
Problem-solver
Puzzle-solver
Kindness
Nurturing
Imaginative
Quiet

I'm not terribly picky, though. It's extremely hard to find even a handful of these.

I don't have a lot of physical preferences. I like Hispanic men a little more than others, and green eyes, but it's really nothing necessary. Someone hygienic and at a fairly healthy weight.

I don't have a lot of physical preferences. I like Hispanic men a little more than others, and green eyes, but it's really nothing necessary. Someone hygienic and at a fairly healthy weight.

This is kinda fun, I'm half spanish with green eyes! That's pretty much it though, all the rest would amount to some sort of Superman :p

New Threads

Top Bottom