• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aspie creatives - hands up!

Full Steam

The renegade master
V.I.P Member
If you've got a creative job, skill, talent or interest let us know.

I'm a Web designer, and business ideator.

I do a bit of graphic design, but I'm only pretty average at that.

As I've said elsewhere, I'm a semi-pro photographer, it's not my job though... I've posted some photos in the media section here...

I'm mostly the creator of awkward silence ... just crickets and some really bad timing mostly. : )

But I also run a golf/resort. I basically chemically trick a non-native grass to grow in climates not suitable for it. It makes me feel like a wizard till it tries to die. Greens grade grass is about the most insane thing I have ever attempted to grow, and then keep it cut at basically a hair over an 1/8th of an inch, so it is suitable for the players to trash it, stomp all over it, and cuss it daily.

I'm hoping to kind of exit that part soon and just go into running all over the country evaluating what needs done at other courses and report back to the investors and just keep it all rolling as smooth as possible from a much less visible point.

Its a huge challenge, not the golf course... thats the easy part... Its the people mostly NT, competitive, arrogant, but some are really nice also.

I also love to make fast cars faster, (an ASD gear head) thats dangerous within its self. Some times I goof, sometimes I amaze myself, sometimes I just wonder what the hell I'm doing?

I am very good at creating conversations so that they immediately become controversial ( according to hubby) :rolleyes:

My creativity comes in the form of cross stitching!

Artist here, and at one time did some graphic design as well. Even did some courses in calligraphy, ink line for drafting, lithography, intaglio, silkscreen. Loved art printing so much that I would have made it my life's work if I could have, only pretty much a century too late for that though. These days watercolour and acrylics and collage are what I do.

Used to create and sell art, packaging design, advertising design, business forms and cards, anything and everything. Have designed boot leather patterns and fabric, backpacks, milk cartons, food labels, product bags, children's pajamas, comforters and curtains and wallpaper among many other things. Now, I don't do any of those sorts of things, would rather do art for myself. Although at times I miss the staying up late to finish something on deadline, what am I saying? Likely I miss the excitement of it all.:D Just realized that most of the things I've done and liked to do are related to patterns of some sort.

Last edited:
I write as a hobby. I had a blog for five years, then I edited everything and made a self published book in Kindle (it ended up being a memoir about my experiences living in six different countries).
Right now I want to write a dystopian novel. I'm self educating myself on that and already have a few leads.

Last edited:
I write as a hobby. I've done a lot of painting in the past, but I'm just not feeling it recently.

I write as well.

I've been published in Analog Science Fiction& Fact, The Autism Files in Britain, Blood Moon Rising, and a few other magazines.

Strangely enough, this has sabotaged my work relationships.

"If you're smart enough to be a published writer, then you're smart enough to understand how to interract with people socially. You choose to have Asperger's..."

I don't have a title for it but create using materials, clay, paints, all manner of commercial crafting materials. If I'm drifting through interests I usually love to have a go at most things.
Currently it's coats for dogs. Not the fur. Designing and making fancy waterproof coats for dogs.

I write as well.

I've been published in Analog Science Fiction& Fact, The Autism Files in Britain, Blood Moon Rising, and a few other magazines.

Strangely enough, this has sabotaged my work relationships.

"If you're smart enough to be a published writer, then you're smart enough to understand how to interract with people socially. You choose to have Asperger's..."

If i can misremember a quote by john cleese,talking about talented people or geniuses.
'Its not what they have that sets them apart,it's what they dont have'

People don't realise,perhaps, that the drive to express through art or writing arises from a big deficit.
You dont know what you have until it's missing. (Sounds either irish or yogi berra-ish)
Most people don't have the large deficit so they don't understand.

Writing is probably my best talent. I got a Persie award for a short story a long time ago. I write a blog on Emergency Preparedness that has over 500 posts on it. I only write non-fiction now, and have for decades.

Painting, drawing and carving are the creative activities I enjoy most. I used to do most crafts, but have specialized more lately. Sewing and making things for organizing and for my cats are about all my crafts lately.

Currently it's coats for dogs. Not the fur. Designing and making fancy waterproof coats for dogs.

Since you do that Gracey, and already know how. I'll give you an idea I came up with years ago. That might be useful. When my dog and my cat came back from the Vet's at one time or another, they had to wear cones (or victorian collars) to keep them from licking their operation stitches.
Which was awful for them after about three days. To keep them from worrying/licking the stitches I made specific clothing that covered those areas, until they healed. Which seemed better than bumping around in the collars. There could possibly be a business there.

Last edited:
i love to draw and design fashions in my free time! i also love to create different characters and rp as them in my rp networks. i have been taking art classes during the week, and i have really enjoyed those. i am also taking a creative writing course (i also like to write) online at the moment. i think i have been gifted with immense creativity and i am really proud of that.

I'm a software developer by trade, which entails a ton of creative problem solving (and makes regular use of my brain's tendency to connect things together).

I have also done various forms of art as a hobby. I used to regularly draw and color comic book type stuff, as well as do a lot of creative writing. Pottery is a craft I've always pined for, since I was a kid and had taken some classes.

Right now, my big artistic outlets are soap making and crochet. I created my own soap recipes and designs, and while I usually use a crochet pattern, I tend to express myself in the color palette.

The only thing I regularly create is currently being voiced by Patrick Stewart.

:O For real?! That's awesome!

My creativity is the best motivation I have. I feel love but it does not motivate me to do. I express myself in silent, creative, practical ways. Knitting, paint, sketching, candles, herbs and holistic healing, gardening, cooking. Jack of all creative trades master of none lol. I focus on a craft or hobby intensely almost tunnel vision then lose all interest and move to the next hobby.
Thinking I may be somewhere on the autism spectrum but in the early stages of exploring. I don't really need/want a diagnosis but even just reading through some of these posts is helping me to feel less alone.

New Threads

Top Bottom