• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Asperger's on the Job: Must-have Advice for People with Asperger's or High Functioning Autism....

Asperger's on the Job: Must-have Advice for People with Asperger's or High Functioning Autism.... 2014-02-24

King_Oni

V.I.P Member
King_Oni submitted a new resource:

Asperger's on the Job: Must-have Advice for People with Asperger's or High Functioning Autism.... - The do's and don't for employers and employees when being on and dealing with the autism spectrum.

Up to 85% of the Asperger's population are without full-time employment, though many have above-average intelligence.

Rudy Simone, an adult with Asperger's Syndrome and an accomplished author, consultant, and musician, created this insightful resource to help employers, educators, and therapists accommodate this growing population, and to help people with Asperger’s find and keep gainful employment.

Rudy's candid advice is based on her personal experiences and the experiences of over 50...

Read more about this resource...

I've been recommending this book since it's publishing date. I read it immediately once it sold. Any RUDY Simone book that isn't a story book I VERY highly recommend. However, some are better then others. Which I've reviewed elsewhere.

I thought the book was a nice read, however, I'm still under the impression that it's actually more of a book that employers should read (and act upon) than it is a book that helps aspies. It is not to say an aspie can't learn from reading this book. But I feel there's only so much you can do and meeting halfway is what could be achieved if both parties would read a book like this.

True, that's why I've passed it along to employers/ disability support personnel that deal with our type.

New Threads

Top Bottom