• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are there textures you can't bear to touch?

Raw meat, specially chicken's, and peaches, with, or without the skin. I use a fork to cut chicken breast (I don't like the other parts of the chicken) and with the peaches, I avoid them, unless somebody else cuts them for me. My husband uses a knife for a lot of food that usually is eaten by hand (sandwiches, tacos, pizza, etc).

Oh, also: When you're eating Cheetohs or something similar, that cheese dust that cakes up on your fingers.

It averts me enough that I don't eat any kind of food that leaves residue on my fingertips.
I agree, Cheetos as well as Doritos are quite nasty.

1. I can pet sheep, but I can't wear wool.
2. Wet food in sink, dirty dishes, yeah that's gross!
3. Cheap plastic
4. Long sleeves or pants when it's over 64 degrees, my skin says NO!
5. Tags are horrible! I used to be able to wear turtlenecks, but not anymore.

I just got over what I call "peeling season", that's when the skin on my hands starts peeling for no apparent reason, it happens at least once a year. My fingertips peel and it hurts to touch anything!

I also hate to see anyone else brush their teeth, kids toothpaste has to be one of the worst smells in the world! That's the worst part when I've had to put my nieces and nephews to bed. I would tell them to brush well and I'd move as far away as I could and still make sure they spent enough time doing it!

I cannot bare the feeling ceramic it makes my skin tingle. metal is another one I can not stand. Hard plastics (like used in figet spinners and boxes). anything touching my neck or back. Anything too tight (in terms of clothing). raw meat - especially chicken and beef. Ham. Bracelets of any discription, expect my wacth (only beacuse it has a sillca strap so is always the temperature of my body). plastic gloves gives me the jitters. Oh and wet clothes, sponges and towels also make me uncomfortable.

Yeah, mine is things like clean clothes when they come out of the wash, clean hands after washing up etc. My skin is very sensitive when it's clean and has no oil/sweat. It causes an intense cringe!

1. I can pet sheep, but I can't wear wool.
2. Wet food in sink, dirty dishes, yeah that's gross!
3. Cheap plastic
4. Long sleeves or pants when it's over 64 degrees, my skin says NO!
5. Tags are horrible! I used to be able to wear turtlenecks, but not anymore.

I just got over what I call "peeling season", that's when the skin on my hands starts peeling for no apparent reason, it happens at least once a year. My fingertips peel and it hurts to touch anything!

I also hate to see anyone else brush their teeth, kids toothpaste has to be one of the worst smells in the world! That's the worst part when I've had to put my nieces and nephews to bed. I would tell them to brush well and I'd move as far away as I could and still make sure they spent enough time doing it!

Same here, seeing ppl brushing their teeth is a huge intense cringe and unbearable for me!

I ** LOVE ** the pop of bubble wrap...

Me too! I usually keep bubble wrap when I get parcels with it in.

I cannot stand limp (dead fish ) handshakes of people, who cannot grip properly....

I hate this too. Makes me feel queasy, but not quite sure why.

cottage cheese, just gross, I don't even know what they taste like because there texture is so gross I could never imagine having it in my mouth.

Even the smell of cottage cheese makes me feel sick. I have tried it once, and it was vile.

The plastic mesh bags that fruit and vegetables are sold in make me feel odd when I touch them. Usually cut them up immediately and throw them away when I return home.

View attachment 33959 Plastic dish scrubbers creep me out if I touch them.

Synthetic clothing of any kind feels strange if I wear it. Clothing like synthetic fleece and lycra sports clothing.

Socks made from nylon and other synthetics as well as shoes made from those materials too. Somehow I feel offended by the feel of the stuff.

Touching velcro/mesh/synthetics also makes me feel itchy, my skin feels strange.

And now dish scrubbies will creep me out too

Even the slightest amount of tin or aluminum foil that inadvertently comes in contact with my mouth and teeth are most unpleasant for me.

Any amount of Cyanoacrylate glue on my fingers is also quite unpleasant.

Aluminum coins are creepy too, and now american money is using it BLAH!

There are tons of things that creep me out, the more stressed I am the more I notice them. Most days I feel like I am able to tolerate sensation, but on a bad day things like Denim, and ribbed socks are too much. I think part of the reason I torture myself with extreme grooming is because the level it bothers me just to exist is as intense as ripping out my eyebrows or wearing bras with boning. I'm constantly uncomfortable in clothing. So I just remind myself beauty is pain.

I love certain sounds, smells, and touches just as much as I hate others though. And it sneaks up on me which way it's going to be.

It's so crazy how many times I've seen raw meat now, I've never touched raw meat, wtf, I couldn't imagine it's basically just carcass, right? gross. Am I the only vegetarian on here I wonder?

I remember having to dissect some things in high-school, that was more than enough carcass experience for my lifetime. And formaldehyde smells so terrible. (I had to look up the spelling on this, I was way off, lol.)

felt and mold i just cant. cannnnnnnnt felt snags on my skin i dont like it god. and mold i cant even touch at all. not even wtih gloves. if i leave tubberwear with food in the fridge too loong i throw away the whole thing

I don't really like to touch types of cactuses with the very small thorns (for example the small splinters found on prickly pears). They break off in your fingertips leaving microscopic paper-cut splinters. However, it can be interesting to feel the texture of big spines from a cactus.

Plastic Hessian, the material that a lot of Mail Bags are made from. Luckily I don't have to touch them anymore as I no longer work for Royal Mail.

fabricmembrane-300x300.jpg

I can't eat peaches.... that furry skin of a peach .... gag!! Can't bear it...!!
I totally love that part, Kiwi's too :p Peaches have to be perfectly ripe though. Banana's I can't, they're all mushy and get all weird, I can't stand having banana on my fingers, my kid loves bananas but still asks me to open them for them, icky, I always have to wash my hands after. I love banana Laffy Taffy though, lol.

I couldn't eat furry fruit as akid, but I can now, although I'd rather peel them.

That doesn't apply to gooseberrys though - that's just a disgusting level of fuzz for a fruit.

New Threads

Top Bottom