• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are there any songs that...

Music has always been apart of me. A hairdresser once asked if I like music, ei: going to concerts and without missing a beat I said Youtube. My mom chuckled because she knows that 1. I'm far too fruggle to buy every musicians singles or certain songs instead of getting every CD with only listening to one or two songs and 2. Youtube is free and has them all on there anyways. I love all kinds of music, my favorites are Linkin Park, Uteda and a few pop music too. It all depends on the song and the beats with it. My favorite at this moment is:

Live Theater, Live Music, Musicals, Country Music .... music is the sole of my identity.

My apartment is decorated with movie soundtracks, theater playbills and lots of favorite music, including oldies (70's) classics.

I have several wall decals, one of which reads, "Music isn't what I do, it's Who I am," and another that reads, "When you are happy, you enjoy the music; when you are sad, you understand the lyrics."

Most of my concerts end with autographs (which I collect from people I've met) and I am currently creating a graphic mural so I can display all my ticket stubs and memorabilia.

I also recently realized that many of my "favorite" singers have incredibly low voices, so as someone with Sensory Processing issues, it's apparently a draw.

My favorite LYRICS & Song (changed the way I lived): Randy Travis's "Point of Light"
Best deep voice: Josh Turner's "Long Black Train"
Best musicals/soundtracks: Jesus Christ Superstar (both versions), Tommy, Hair, My Fair Lady, Fiddler on the Roof, Reefer Madness (2005)

<-- Long Black Train
<-- Best Lyrics in the WHOLE WORLD
Fiddler on the roof ah rebtevyas solo in the barn

This is stuff I fall asleep too... it just has a way of making the day go away.
I have tons of this stuff and I just let it play all night
I do the same and if I have some down time when I can take a nap through the day I use this type of music.
We have a cable network station that plays nothing but this type of music, no commercials, continously on the TV while showing pretty scenery along with the name and song writer. Called Soundscapes.

I do the same and if I have some down time when I can take a nap through the day I use this type of music.
We have a cable network station that plays nothing but this type of music, no commercials, continously on the TV while showing pretty scenery along with the name and song writer. Called Soundscapes.

Thats good stuff... I like this a lot. Lots of time just no words, nothing harsh, but not too weird, not too opera-ish, or fairytale-ish... Its like art in a frequency range maybe?... I will just shut up, because I know I cant explain what I am trying to say.

Its obvious I don't even know how to explain what I'm trying to say - I only know it when I hear it... and this falls into that range that I like so much. I cant even imagine an existence without music.

Thanks for sharing... : )

A pianist from St. Petersburg shot a video playing his own composition on the waters of the Marble Canyon in Karelia, northern Russia.

In the clip, Pavel Andreev plays his composition ‘Awakening’ against the backdrop of marble rocks and emerald-green water of the Ruskeala Marble Canyon.

I liked this, the arrangement is sparse, with little ornamentation. Made me feel good.

@Mia,

If I were to listen to that in a concert hall for example, it wouldn't have had the same effect as watching it just now.
The 'difference' makes all the difference.
I've never seen a composition played in that environment before.
Wonderful find. Thanks for posting :)

Not a song, but a quote from a movie has always stuck with me in its expanded way of viewing things and my actively seeking things out in earlier days. It felt closer again more recently when I thought I was checking out.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

Roy Batty in 'Blade Runner'.

If I were to listen to that in a concert hall for example, it wouldn't have had the same effect as watching it just now.

I didn't like the idea of his moving back and forth between the consonance and dissonance, but it seems a stylistically russian thing to do, in homage to the composers on the continuum. The dissonance jangled a little, but the composition itself, moved from sweet to slightly unpleasant and then to sweet again. If it had been composed of entirely consonant notes, it likely would have not caught my interest.

Last edited:
Wonderful solo composition and environment. I do wonder if the pianist and his props got airlifted beforehand.

The music tells us about the connection man has with nature,”
Andreev told Russia’s Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper. “Sometimes it happens that we go against our nature: we struggle, suffer or fall ill…. But after we pass certain tests, we always find the harmony with ourselves.”

“The Canyon became an addition to this melody. The music, piano and nature together formed a whole.”

Filming of the clip took place over four days, complicated by the harsh weather found in Karelia. After shooting was done the piano, which weighed some 250kg (550lb), remained in the water for another two months, much to the amusement of tourists and passersby.

At one with nature: Russian musician performs piano piece in ‘marble canyon’ (VIDEO)

Not a song, but a quote from a movie has always stuck with me in its expanded way of viewing things and my actively seeking things out in earlier days. It felt closer again more recently when I thought I was checking out.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

Roy Batty in 'Blade Runner'.

That always stuck with me too. Great film.

This song (music and video) is probably my most favorite of all my countless most favorites.

It’s basically how I see and live my life when allowed to do so.
I’m a wanderer, I look at everything and notice the smells the textures, all of it...

In nature it great! When not in nature it overwhelming and it messes me up a lot. So I go to places like this in real life or in my head when I cant... I helps keep me sane it seems.

Staind, fade.. look at that ish.. defined my childhood to a T.. I was watching the video on mtv when it came out, before school, When I was 11. The video Defined me so much at the time, that as I watched it I stared silentley and thought .. "holy sht..... I'm going to be a crazy person in the future, and my life right now is something that I will reflect on in the future.. " I wasnt wrong .. lol. Well I wasnt thinking crazy, just depressed. I was right, that is how the life of many depressed people with social problems appeared as children, and I do reflect on the age of eleven, that exact year as the starting point of mental torture and straight up deadly depression which has since engulfed my whole world. I've never empathathised with anyone so much as I do with both the singer and the actor in the video for fade. It was scary then, and is scary now. Watch that video.

I could go with protest anthems like Killing in the Name by Rage Against the Machine. Or I could go with the gay liberation anthems of '90s era Pet Shop Boys, which kept my head up when I was a high school closet case.

I think I will settle upon Phil Collins' I Don't Care Anymore, though, since there are quite a few people I am tied to by blood that I can give that message to.

I think it may be because it does have a catchy tune, but, for a lot of people it is a way of saying I'm OK with my looks. And I don't have to fit in with society diva ideas on what's cool. Plus the pun on words?

I think of it as the answer to Baby Got Back, though 20+ years later.

Thats good stuff... I like this a lot. Lots of time just no words, nothing harsh, but not too weird, not too opera-ish, or fairytale-ish... Its like art in a frequency range maybe?... I will just shut up, because I know I cant explain what I am trying to say.

Its obvious I don't even know how to explain what I'm trying to say - I only know it when I hear it... and this falls into that range that I like so much. I cant even imagine an existence without music.

Thanks for sharing... : )

I get a channel called eScapes which is similar with the smooth jazz / adult contemporary music. It's a Michigan based company so they have a large percentage of Michigan scenery like lighthouses, bridges, and sunsets.

New Threads

Top Bottom