• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Apologising for being oneself.

Probably because at some point she surmised that you are different and not likely to be the person she wanted you to be just to fit in with everyone else.

Instead of accepting you, she chose to reject you.

My condolences. I know how that feels.

I think you are spot on. I never thought of it like that. Around the time she dumped me, she found a friend who was "cooler" and way more social than me. The kind of person she saw as fun and would sing along with songs loudly in a restaurant--which is fine, but that's not me. I don't see how she couldn't just be friends with both of us. Oh well.

Suzanne, I do the same thing in supermarkets :)

I cringed reading that! :eek:

I cringed while I was physically there! It was probably one of the last times I saw her. Her friend started singing, she joined in, and I sat there awkwardly. I've noticed that's a female thing. When I've been around other women/girls, it seems to be a thing for neurotypical women to break out in song with the radio!

I cringed while I was physically there! It was probably one of the last times I saw her. Her friend started singing, she joined in, and I sat there awkwardly. I've noticed that's a female thing. When I've been around other women/girls, it seems to be a thing for neurotypical women to break out in song with the radio!

The idea sounds fun to me - in theory, but the few times I have been with my sex, I have wanted to get away as fast as possible.

I am "guilty" though, that when my husband and I are in a supermarket and a favourite singer of mine comes on, I just get so happy, I do start to sort of mime sing along. But if another female was there, couldn't.

I upgraded to at least not saying anything! A lady had her cart in the way. I moved it. She looked mad I I just looked at her. Before I would have said SORRY!

I am storing wood that my husband is bringing home and he walks in and says that I am in his way ( haha face) and I went to apologise and he said: yes, but I am in your way too and that actually catapulted me into realising that I feel apologetic being ME. When we are in a supermarket and someone gets in MY way, I apologise to THEM.

This spreads to my whole existence.

It is so distressing, because I am pretty much stuck with being me and certainly cannot afford botox lol
Just be the best you, you can be, and stop apologizing :p Tell your hubby to catch you when you say.

I am similar in many ways. I'm British and if someone bumps into me it's usually ME who apologises! I'm always saying sorry for things that are trivial and it undermines my confidence probably to the point now where someone could kick the living hell out of me in the street and i'd probably apologise for it and say how I probably deserved it anyway.

I am similar in many ways. I'm British and if someone bumps into me it's usually ME who apologises! I'm always saying sorry for things that are trivial ....

Canadians do that too. And so do people in Seattle; Canadian influence.

Maybe we need to think of saying 'sorry' more like 'pardon me', not so much like 'I'm sorry because I'm responsible' but 'I'm sorry our interaction wasn't perfect; pardon my part in it'.

New Threads

Top Bottom