• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone felt they don't fit in?

Anyone felt they don't fit in?

• Total voters

superboyian

Former Co-Owner
V.I.P Member
Ever felt you don't fit into any group?

Sometimes, yes, I feel like I don't fit into any groups.... When I was younger, some people wouldn't want me to join into any of their games and at the time I didn't seem to understand why? Could it possibly be because they know I have autism or the fact i'm socially awkward?

Sometimes I would have to isolate myself because of it and it seemed so upsetting and that was like... It even occasionally happens but this time it sometimes feels it and then I wouldn't say anything and let them blah blah blah on and on....

Also some of them didn't want to be friends with me either...

Now that i'm older, things seem to change... I definitely try and fit into the group and now got sets of friends :) and that was when I looked back and realised, "yeeh, that's what I was doing wrong", I turned it around and now I feel wanted or sometimes abit too much... :lol:

But at times I have my down days.... and feel like that...

I'm just curious if anyone has ever went through or is going through a similar patch?

I don't fit in anywhere, but I can get along most places. I got to parties every so often and have fun even while not fitting in.

I find fitting in to be overrated now, it's better to just be yourself and not even try. People usually respect that more anyway.

I don't really fit in, but people have started to like me more recently, so I feel a bit like I fit in. And I have Chris so I fit in with him. But I've not really been in a huge social situation for a while, so I'm not sure.

I've stopped caring.
I don't think I'd notice if I did tbh.
It's almost a natural feeling I no longer register.
Sort of the way a depressed person doesn't notice he/she's sad.
I don't notice I don't fit in because I rarely do.
EMZ=]

I've stopped caring.
I don't think I'd notice if I did tbh.
It's almost a natural feeling I no longer register.
Sort of the way a depressed person doesn't notice he/she's sad.
I don't notice I don't fit in because I rarely do.
EMZ=]
that issue seems to come up a lot with aspies,I agree,best thing to do is learn not to care.

Lol, I used to care about fitting in... I stopped a year or two ago. Not much has changed since.. well. I'm happier. :) Lol.

I kinda quit caring in Year 6. Which is probably rather late relative to the amount of bullying I got from the peers I for some crazy reason wanted to be friends with, and the lack, or even complete absence of friends.
IDK. I hated Primary School. The only reason it sucked was because I actually cared.
I think if I still cared I'd probably have killed my self or something tbh. It's too hard to care.
EMZ=]

I don't see what's wrong with your hair colour Calvert?

I'm... err... ginger *hates that word*. I call it copper. It looks naturally dark so you don't always notice it. Other times my hair looks like Chris's.

To put it bluntly, i'm not the colour of Fanta Orange lol

I'm... err... ginger *hates that word*. I call it copper. It looks naturally dark so you don't always notice it. Other times my hair looks like Chris's.

To put it bluntly, i'm not the colour of Fanta Orange lol
You could try and dye it with temporary colours, I used to do that because I didn't like the looks of my own hair colour... :lol:

I'm ginger too, but I don't dye it 'cause tbh, it doesn't look ginger in most light and also because I feel if I start to change how I look I'll get addicted.
IMO, it's unhealthy to change how you look 'cause it can get addictive.
BTW, ginger isn't naturally unattractive.
There's just a stigma that got ridiculously out of hand.
EMZ=]

@Chris Awww... you avoided the discussion on ginger hair. You could've added something y'know.  :(

@Emor You? Ginger hair? No way!  :D

WAY. LOL.
IMO we should do a poll.
A lot of AS people I know seem to have ginger hair.
EMZ=]

Double-thread, LOL.
http://www.aspergic.com/index.php?/topic/152-poll-as-and-hair-colour/
EMZ=]

To take nothing away from the OP, but a more apt title for the thread would perhaps be "Does any one of us fit in? Does any one of us care?". White expats living in 3rd world countries are (mostly) a bunch of misfits to begin with, and I even feel like a misfit among them! :ph34r:

New Threads

Top Bottom