• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any PC FPS fans here?

Shiznown

Doom, Half-Life, Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Unreal? It's so hard to find PC gamers these days. I miss the early 2000s, before all the COD games. Well there was the original and COD II, but alas those golden years are over. PC seems to be making a huge comeback though, which I am very happy for.

My PS3 is now properly dead, I would like a gaming PC rather than one of the next gen consoles, I used to play a lot of games on PC and I miss them.. been wanting to play Dawn Of War , the Warhammer game for ages but my mac is not good enough.

Doom 4 is out soon too... have you seen the trailer? it doesn't show any of the game but it looks pretty sick. Doom 3 was scary.

My PS3 is now properly dead, I would like a gaming PC rather than one of the next gen consoles, I used to play a lot of games on PC and I miss them.. been wanting to play Dawn Of War , the Warhammer game for ages but my mac is not good enough.

Doom 4 is out soon too... have you seen the trailer? it doesn't show any of the game but it looks pretty sick. Doom 3 was scary.
Yeah I saw the teaser and can't wait until PAX is over so I can see some game play footage. A new Unreal Tournament is coming out and it's going to be exclusive for computers, but that includes PC, Mac and Linux. They're doing that, so they don't have to down grade the game for consoles. They stated, they really regretted optimizing Unreal Tournament 3 for PS3.

I loved Unreal T in the beginning , been ages since I played it... All I have at the moment is a white macbook, it is basically useless for games :)
Strangely I can play Half Life 2 if I use windows (bootcamp) but it doesn't work on mac osx! I expect we should see some Doom by the end of the month :) If I get a new computer I have to stick with macs really as all my music software is for mac... hopefully the newer macs can handle games a little better, just a shame they cost so much money.. might have to sell one of my internal organs on the black market.
I have to play the new Doom somehow :)

I loved Unreal T in the beginning , been ages since I played it... All I have at the moment is a white macbook, it is basically useless for games :)
Strangely I can play Half Life 2 if I use windows (bootcamp) but it doesn't work on mac osx! I expect we should see some Doom by the end of the month :) If I get a new computer I have to stick with macs really as all my music software is for mac... hopefully the newer macs can handle games a little better, just a shame they cost so much money.. might have to sell one of my internal organs on the black market.
I have to play the new Doom somehow :)
If you do let me know lol. PM me if you ever want to play some games on Steam, I'll tell you my Steam user name.

Ok dude. I have got an account but I haven't been able to use it for a while, will let you know when I get back on there ; )

I love the doom games :D I suck terribly at FPS'ers to be honest and doom is the only one I've really enjoyed. Well that and Quake and maybe games like it.The mouse is easier for me than a controller and I know that sounds pretty lame but I have no coordination or dexterity with a controller when I play FPS'ers ...

I still have Quake III on my legacy machine both on XP and Win98SE. A favorite. :cool:

And I can still hear those silly sound effects in my mind from DOS and Windows versions of Wolfenstein....:p

Last edited:
I'm not really into shooters specifically, but I played a bit of Doom back in the day. And I've played more story-driven games with shooter gameplay mechanics.

How did you guys conquer playing FPS'ers with game controllers ? I spend more time trying to aim with an analogue stick then actually playing the game, unless of course it has auto-aim capabilities ... I haven't played a FPS'er since the days of playing Goldeneye for the N64 and the sequel to Series Sam :D

-edit- Obviously I can't read as this is for PC FPS-based games :p I know a site that has the original FPS'ers for DOS :D Download 3d shooting games | DOS Games Archive You can play these in Dos-box and Free-dos emulators :)

Last edited:
am a huge fan of FPS,always have been since the doom/wolfenstein days.
however,am more into open source FPS,favourites is assault cube and nexuiz.

Doom, Half-Life, Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Unreal? It's so hard to find PC gamers these days. I miss the early 2000s, before all the COD games. Well there was the original and COD II, but alas those golden years are over. PC seems to be making a huge comeback though, which I am very happy for.

Me too! I used to love Unreal + Unreal Tournament especially back in the day, for a while even attended LAN events with my brother and a couple friends ... this is going back to the early 2000's mind, the whole competitive scene has since become monetized

These days I don't game that much anymore (don't know wether its a simple gaming funk or maybe I'm just outgrowing it), I dislike the COD/Battlefield direction fps gaming has taken... heres hoping Epic's new Unreal game does well

New Threads

Top Bottom