• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any other writers out there? If so...

I predominantly write fanfics for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (at the time, however, I only have one on my FFnet account) and Steven Universe, but I've written fanfics for a few others as well, such as Warrior Cats and the Fallout series, but I have yet to upload of any fanfics of the latter two.

I've heard of Eat Pray Love, but have never read it. I've never heard of, nor read Big Magic, but I'll have to check it out sometime. There's a bookstore nearby that I frequent a lot, so I'll have to see if they have it there.

Huh, never really thought of it like that. PTSD is characterized by being stuck reliving the traumatic experience or, in my case, being stuck in the psychiatric hospital that caused the problem, albeit only in a mental sense, so naturally, I assumed reliving it in the form of fiction based loosely off of it would only worsen the problem. I'll try to take that advice into account the next time I'm writing something or trying to think of something new to write. Who knows? It might actually leave me better off.
The coincidence is incredible. My daughter was obsessed with MLP until a few months ago (her favorite was Twilight; the series it's awesome; my jaw almost drop when I saw the episode where they arrive to that village where all the ponies had the"equal"(=) cutie mark; that's my favorite episode.

She's a fan of Steven Universe also (I've watched all the episodes with her; they are amazing, and so deep in so many levels. Rebecca Sugar is her idol; I most confess that I too think she's awesome). My daughter identifies with Lapis and my favorite character is Peridot. The concept of the fusion is mindblowing.

My daughter is also a fan of the Warrior Cats books, yesterday morning she told me that she'd stayed up until midnight reading one of them (which is a lot, since she's 12).

Please send me the link of the page were you publish.

Last edited:
Just to add to your suggestions, I found coffee, when used sparingly, helps with the mood and kickstarts creativity too. The reason why it doesn't work for many people is because they've already reached their limits and drink it too much, too often. I stumbled across this video before and found it works on me.

Maybe it'll help someone else here. :) At the very least, it's better than drugs or alcohol.

I predominantly write fanfics for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (at the time, however, I only have one on my FFnet account) and Steven Universe,

Can you please link to the Steven Universe story. I would love to read it.

Last edited:
I wrote a story about my ball jointed dolls having a war because election jokes, it had a plan, then things happened and it went in a different way then expected.

Here's a blurb...
(background info- Clover is the President of the Union, or United Shelves of America, and Donald Doll Trump is her VP, Lily is the General of that army. Takine is the President of the Confederate Shelves of America and Shura is her VP, Shukriyah her general).

“I mean, I am sure Takine has to understand, we don't want this jeopardizing the human and all... And with all the recent Confederate stuff, lord knows he doesn't want all that on his page... Takine is reasonable, she will come through I guarantee it and we can see this to the end soon...”
Trump nodded, arms crossed, though said nothing.
He trusted Clover fully and believed Takine would indeed turn over her battle flags in favour of something else, the human already had ideas, so the story could go on forums and such.
Triinu stood close by, casually holding up the US flag, behind her, Ivy and Lily chatted cheerfully, as always Lily was dressed proper in her uniform.

“Look at them... you see that?! Waltzing around like they're cock of the walk...” Takine said, staring down from her place in a small tree. The little opening was a mostly dirt path close to Gettysburg Keep, a meeting place Clover and the human designated.
“I got wind of what they want, and you're not gonna like it...” Shukriyah said shaking her head slowly, Takine looked at her, somewhat surprised but before she could ask what it was, Shukriyah told her.
“They want to take the flags, give us some made up nonsense... They want to strip away everything that makes us Confederates save the name. All PC stuff because the human wants a wider audience... We're pawns, you and I have already lost, this is a mockery, a show... Oh I don't have any attachment to the American Confederacy, and I'd never seen the Stars and Bars until you flew it but... No, I won't surrender it, and if I must go it alone I will...”
Takine looked away, half sad, half shocked.
“You... You would go against the human?”
Shukriyah nodded.
“I would, I didn't come here to be some stupid joke, some joke about some Muslim Ban, and I know you didn't come here to be some Hillary Clinton joke, that's for sure... The plastics, do they deserve to be booted and a wall put up? Are they any less dolls then us? Clover stands there, now with all the power she ever dreamed of, and decides which dolls are dolls, and which aren't. We've been given an opportunity here, and I don't want to just let it play out and we get booted or worse...”

Takine looked back below, angry now, a seething sort of anger and she turned to Shukriyah.
“I have an idea!”

“They're late, they're not usually late...” Clover said, looking up mildly worried at the Donald who returned the slightly worried glance and looked where they ought to have come from.

It was him who first heard it, the far off sound, the clear sound of Dixie.
Clover heard it then, looking up again at him, then back at the others who hadn't heard it.
They all saw the flags, peeking over the shrubs, the bang of the drums.
“What are they doing I thought we said no flags, they were supposed to re-” Ivy gasped then, an acorn striking her in the shoulder and she fell back, doing a sort of flip and falling on her face. Several more acorns rained from the sky and the sound, a sound none of them had ever heard before begun.
It was a sort of whooping, yip sound, and it mixed with the music as they appeared, all the dolls the Confederacy had that weren't trolls, running at them like savages!
This was no surrender of flags or the beginnings of a talk, this was a battle!
Clover froze, an acorn striking her arm.
Before she could register the pain, Takine was shoving her to the ground, slamming a flag pole against her chest.
“We'll take your surrender Madame President, whenever you wish to give it!” Takine then said, sneering down at her, shoving Clover again with the pole when she tried to get up.
“Surrender?! The hell I will! What are you doing, this isn't what was supposed to happen you wisp!”
Takine shook her head, looking over to watch Etesian and Sophie throw ropes over the Donald's neck and pull him to the ground like a tree.
All around the shouting, the yelling was happening. They had so many of those flags, where did they get them all?!
Everyone had some sort of weapon, mostly little bats or sticks.
“We decided history just wasn't fair, I know you'll understand... But what kind of war can there be without a battle?!” she smiled when Shukriyah appeared, wearing a weirdly similar uniform to what Lily had, but it was grey.
“Madame President, we've taken prisoners, Lily got away, she got a good head start we think, shall we peruse?”
Takine shook her head and turned back to Clover, standing up straight again and moving the flag, Mascariciul and Zoey appearing with rope.
“No, let her go, we'd never catch her and anyone we send would be out numbered... I do take this opportunity to claim my ownership of the core shelf and the Shelf of Quebec” and with that Etesian appeared with a piece of paper and Takine signed it, handing it to Shura who was there, with a “Don't Tread on Me” flag and she signed it too, then pausing and kneeling down to Clover.
“Ol' John Handcock on the line, 'ere sis” she said with a mocking wink.

This new Confederacy was nothing like the old one, a reluctant mess with a few taking advantage.
It was told to Clover, she read how all this was supposed to end.
This was wrong.
“Get her up, we move to the shelf!” Takine called and the assembly of dolls came and formed to her, though Clover couldn't see after her initial glance.
She was brought away with the others, a blindfold put on her head.

They formed into lines infront of Takine and Shukriyah, Shura taking the point on the left side.
“Confederates! About Face, March!” Shukriyah said and the two followed their army, the band behind them, playing Bonnie Blue Flag as they returned to the Shelf.

New Threads

Top Bottom