• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any other Disnerds on here?

abdoriginal

I'm beyond obsessed with Disney trivia and facts and I want to become an Imagineer for Disney, designing rides and attractions, parade floats, store fronts, etc. Anyone else here love Disney more than most people?

I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with Disney. Some stuff I really love . . . and, well, other stuff not so much.

I've always been obsessed with Disney, and I doubt that I will ever grow out of that, but nor would I ever want to. When I was little I absolutely lapped up all of their animated and live action movies, and now I'm going through the ones that you can only really understand when you're older (such as The Hunchback of Notre Dame). To this day I still enjoy their very first feature film, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, as much if not more than I used to.

I loved the old Disney stuff like Snow White, Dumbo, Fantasia, Cinderella, etc. I was born in '82 & I loved the Disney Renaissance: The Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast, Aladdin, & The Lion King. I also loved the Disney Afternoon cartoons like Duckatales (Woo-Hoo) Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers, etc. I also love playing video games like Ducktales for the NES & the new Remastered version, Chip & Dale for NES, Aladdin on the Sega Genesis, Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse for Genesis, Aladdin Genesis & Lion King for the SNES.

Not me. I've always hated anything Disney because many times the movies were sad, and as a kid, I didn't like watching tragedy or sadness. Maybe as an adult I'd enjoy them more because I'd understand it's fake, but as a kid, I felt awful for certain characters.

Disney trivia?

You don't ever want to have them litigating against you. Ever.

I'm beyond obsessed with Disney trivia and facts and I want to become an Imagineer for Disney, designing rides and attractions, parade floats, store fronts, etc. Anyone else here love Disney more than most people?
Oh me me. I love Disney. I am obessed with Frozen. When I was younger I was obessed with Beauty and the Beast. Oh yah I love them so much. I think the only Disney movie I didn't like was Bambi. Other than that Toy story movies but they were with pixar and I am not a fan of pixar. However I was a huge fan of Cars. I love Tow-Mater (its like ta-mator without the Ta) giggles love him.

Not a huge Disney person, but I do like some of the older animated movies like Pinocchio, Fantasia, and Dumbo a lot. I also like some of the Pixar movies (I hope that the rumors that they're going to make some kind of Star Wars movie are true) and more recent things like Wreck-It Ralph (which would have been my videogame-obsessed 10-12 year old self's favorite movie of all time had it come out in the early 90s).

A couple of interesting things I read recently that I felt to be worth passing along here:

Fact-Checking Meryl Streep’s Disney-Bashing Speech | Cartoon Brew

Walt Disney Was No ‘Gender Bigot’ | Cartoon Brew

Well, Disney owns the Star Wars franchise now, and yes, another movie is in the works.

I've been obsessed with Disney since age 12, when I started watching all the animated classics. At age 14 I started watching House of Mouse and became obsessed with Mickey Mouse and his friends, and then when I was 16 I added the DuckTales characters too. Actually, my DuckTales obsession is pretty intense right now, especially since I've been playing the remastered game (and watching other people's gameplays on YouTube).

I do love me some Disney. I was a lil disappointed in Frozen for some reason. I thought the songs where a but under par but I liked everything else about it. The look was gorgeous though.

Brave & Tangled are 2 of my fav films ever.

Monsters U was bloody awesome, as was Wreck-It-Ralph.

Nothing will ever beat The Lion King and The Little Mermaid

New Threads

Top Bottom