• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Another Day Another Bewildered NT

With the intermittent ringing in my ears, which starts up randomly, I'm surprised I can still hear pitch. The tinnitus started several years ago when the psychiatrist put me on Viibryd.

Meistersinger I know right? You'd thing tinnitus, or hearing loss would mess with your musical ear far worse than it does. Then again we have Paul Stanley who began his career with a deformed ear and, was totally deaf in that ear then, continued to be great with a cochlear implant and reconstructive surgery done. If he can do that, then what's a bit of ringing or a partial hearing loss, shouldn't even slow us down when a deaf man can do what we do. (okay deaf in one ear but still that's pretty good motivation to keep belting out the notes, even when the ears go.)

I can hear well too, but some frequencies are disproportionally loud. For example, the other day I heard this loud sharp rustling noise, and it was someone rustling a plastic bag about 100 meters away. I often find it hard to make out what people are saying to me in a noisy environment.

Try on the 150 decibel level of a topfuel dragster for a few days. I once forgot my ear protection and had to endure an entire four wide racing event in order to photograph it. The sound levels are so loud that you actually feel the pressure thru your entire body,not just hear it. There have been reports of 165 DB at the starting line.

I went to one of those topfuel drag races when I was 14 and I hated it because of all the noise. I was always plugging my ears when the race started. When the jet powered dragsters with those big-ass afterburners raced. They where so loud and bassy. My stomach and chest felt like someone was using them as conga drums.

I suffer from severe tinnitus and have for years now. My world will never be silent again,often just a constant high pitched sound or often much like being in the woods with a full symphony of crickets in full shrill.

I wonder if my favorite sport of freediving is not causing damage to my ears. At least I'm not experiencing anything permeate and there's nothing out there that says it bad. Most people tell me that their ears hurt just going to the bottom of a swimming pool. And yet, here I am, doing 5 to 10 times that depth. After about a day of freediving. My ears get plugged up for about 2 days. At which time, I can't hear any thing high pitched. Which is good for me, since most of my sensory issues are cause from hearing high pitched sounds.

I went to one of those topfuel drag races when I was 14 and I hated it because of all the noise. I was always plugging my ears when the race started. When the jet powered dragsters with those big-ass afterburners raced. They where so loud and bassy. My stomach and chest felt like someone was using them as conga drums.
I would advise you to avoid the four wides then ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom