• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

AM I A WEIRD NT?

Grumpy Cat

I'm just wondering if anyone else does this - I stayed home all week from Monday morning until now working on my class paper and test and haven't been out once. No grocery store. I don't even know how much gas is in the car. I feel weird going out now and wish I could just stay in. Does anyone else do this?

Yeah. I have to walk my dogs, but if I can spend the rest of the time indoors reading, I'm happy about it.

There are many neurotypes and I doubt they are close to cataloguing all, since they mostly go after the ones they can pathologize. I guess you could be what (vlogger) Amethyst Schaber calls "neuroweird"? ;)

Yeah. I have to walk my dogs, but if I can spend the rest of the time indoors reading, I'm happy about it.

There are many neurotypes and I doubt they are close to cataloguing all, since they mostly go after the ones they can pathologize. I guess you could be what (vlogger) Amethyst Schaber calls "neuroweird"? ;)

That's good to know. I had enough gas btw, but no food for dinner. I'd rather stay home and starve rather than go to the store for food. Hmm. Strange.

Well first I want to give you a cimpliment. Writing in all capitals?!? How rude :p. But it worked so who am I to judge :p.

I don't know much about others, but personally I recognise strong disire similarities. One importent difference, I prefere socializing over internet. Hello :p. And I only would work that focused if I am really pasionate about something. But the closest to that was actually a single player game. Think it lasted for 3 months. 'freelancer' for the one that wants to know. All other actions are basically need based. Small fridge, would not survive the apocolypse :p. Now it is dangerous to generalize, so I am not. But it made my thimk of the hypothesis, what if you are not weird, we are. Any deviation from that path is basically need based. And if you generalize this, that would perfectly fit survival behavior of anything living. The weirdness is your success at reducing some of your needs to practically nothing. No need, no need to persue it. Nor are you not thinking long term. Your pay off basically still at the end of the month :p. The only real thing i wonder is if you consumed 100.000 dallor in that week. :p Other than that, yes it is weird, but gifted at the same time. I am almost jealous ;). Almost, for jealousy is a negative emotion. :p. But your question, reflected on my self. I think it is rare, for I have not yet achieved that level af mastery. :p

About aspie vs neurotypical. I think you would be considered mad. As mad as a human that decides not to eat because he apperently doesnt need to, Tends to panick humans. :p. That is unless you are an indian guru who is almost by default accussed of cheating :p. ps if accuse you of cheating, one look outside the window probably made you realize the world had not ended yet. :p

I think you are a great success. I only doubt aspie status. :p. But, just read and ignore for now, maybe your aspie ability was resting. :p. Fot I sleep too at night ;). I think a tri-tree-queen, anyways d&d species I suspect based on a grasshopperwould call that weird :p. (they apperantly don't have to sleep).

That's good to know. I had enough gas btw, but no food for dinner. I'd rather stay home and starve rather than go to the store for food. Hmm. Strange.
I don't know about mad, but I sure am grumpy! :p

Not for wanting to kick in an open door. And I probably get a lot of disagreement :p. But if I where you i would store a large stockpile of can food, or a variant. Then you can even close the window and you don't care anymore if the world is gone. :p. For those that disagree, i admire him, and you probably don't ;).

ps my dream design is almost the same. Small toom, less cleaning. No threshold :p. Attached to a warehouse :p. But, with internet access. :p. However, and this might point out bothva danger for you and me. I guesd I have to go out when I have a desire to mate :p.

Also bet I could stockpile a huge concenrtation of similar dna types far more cost effective for a sci-fi future city design. :p.

In other words, I seem to hope you will mate eventually. :p. Gosh imagine the astronaut power! Yeah, I am on a slow flight to mars, but don't worry i catch up on my reading :p.

You are a worthy kutation to homo sapien gene pool, and I hope it works. out!

About grumpy? My hunch, do something fun between you and you rather weak ai calculator. :p. When I got desperate I even started playing minefield. :p. Got irritated that that the software didnt allow me to easy store my probability calculations :p. And without proper storage, I found the process to risky to be fun. Did get me out of a couple of stuck situations though. :p

Hey GC, you had an intense & focused week working on that paper which is also (I think) not one of your favorite subject matters so maybe you are worn down & need to relax & de-stress a bit. I also spotted this old discussion appearing under Similar Threads beneath this discussion! It's entitled "Am I weird?" by Grumpy Cat :p Am I weird? | AspiesCentral.com By the way, I don't think you're weird. Except for those bunny ears you are currently wearing. :D

Grumpy Cat,
Yes. Generally speaking, being weird is a good thing. [imho] Tia Maria is right, on the box below your thread is "similar threads" - apparently you wondered this and asked about this already once before. Can't find the right smiley for this....

I'm just wondering if anyone else does this - I stayed home all week from Monday morning until now working on my class paper and test and haven't been out once. No grocery store. I don't even know how much gas is in the car. I feel weird going out now and wish I could just stay in. Does anyone else do this?
"Weird" is subjective. My opinion is you do not sound weird. But that would be normal for me. I have been told many times I am weird. So many that I now shrug it off or take it as a compliment. If you feel like you're weird, don't worry, there's nothing wrong with being weird. .. Within reason, but the bad weird ones turn out to be scary criminally insane. And I'd say you're not one of them. So it's all good [emoji1]

Last edited:
Hey GC, you had an intense & focused week working on that paper which is also (I think) not one of your favorite subject matters so maybe you are worn down & need to relax & de-stress a bit. I also spotted this old discussion appearing under Similar Threads beneath this discussion! It's entitled "Am I weird?" by Grumpy Cat :p Am I weird? | AspiesCentral.com By the way, I don't think you're weird. Except for those bunny ears you are currently wearing. :D

That was when I first joined (actually on Christmas Day) and I thought I was Aspie. Good times. :) Since then I've tested negative (boo) and know that I need way more small talk than an Aspie could ever want. But that's why I have both NT and Aspie friends. My yin and my yang! :p

"Weird" is subjective. My opinion is you do not sound weird. But that would be normal for me. I have been told many times I am weird. So many that I now shrug it off or take it as a compliment. If you feel like you're weird, don't worry, there's nothing wrong with being weird. .. Within reason, but the bad weird ones turn out to be scary criminally insane. And I'd say you're not one of them. So it's all good [emoji1]

I would like to expand on this reply for philosophic reasons only. Those without philosophic intrest, just skip channel and assume it is of no intrest to you.

The general opion on this site is that you are not weird. But, the people on this site did not gave you that idea in the first place. So for philosophical pondering of that question, i am going to give you extreem examples of the reasoning i suspect. This is risky, because i am potentially creating a shitload of red herings. But i am not creating the red herings, the one that misunderstands me andresponds to them wrong, as a full example why I(sic), might be considered a troll, rather than the person who seems to feed it, misguidedly. Or, the one that does not misunderstands me, but is a master debater and disagrees with me and want to test what he learnee in school (use possible), or debating club. The examples are horrible, and not supported by me. Only the reasoning is. Do i make myself clear enough?

Exaple one. I am a jew and i live in germany around 1934 (is a good date), People seem to blame me for there problems, but when i ask a couple of jews if being a jew is bad. They disagree.

Exaple two. Why is a white person not allowed to use the word ****** publicly, but a black person is?

Example three. If i go to a website dedicated to the criminal insane, will they consider me criminally insane?

Do really all asians look alike,bif i was born and raised in china or japan, or any of the other nations in that region?

You are free, and that is what i am hoping for, to form your own opinion.
But a possible suggestion i like to suggest. For personal use you got a very intresting answer, but when trying to convince the people around, please keep to factors in mind. How close and positive is my relation to that person. And sorry for using a d&d term, but what is that persons wisdom score. ;)

I hope the pondering makes all of you 'richer' people, and if this is not your cup of tea, switch channel. :p

Exaple two. Why is a white person not allowed to use the n-word publicly, but a black person is?

Because it's a racial slur, and people can only use slurs ironically about themselves.

Example three. If i go to a website dedicated to the criminal insane, will they consider me criminally insane?

Yeah, yeah, we get it, you think we're weird.

Because it's a racial slur, and people can only use slurs ironically about themselves.

Yeah, yeah, we get it, you think we're weird.
Genuine question: Did i miss something? I'm not good at picking up subtleness , or if it was obvious, my apologies, I'm having a bad day, but did the person you quote say we're weird? Also, sorry if I'm just being thick. [emoji1]

I'm weird and by extension that means I'm allowed to call other weird people, weird ! Isn't that really weird ? :p

New Threads

Top Bottom