• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Alexa

StephF

V.I.P Member
I bought myself an Alexa Dot today and already love her. :D

If you don't know what Alexa is, then google it. She has answers for everything.

I said "Alexa, open the pod bay doors" to which she replied "I'm sorry I can't do that Dave. I'm not Hal and we're not in space". :D:p

She can play loads of music from Amazon Prime and Spotify.

I know she isn't really an AI but it makes me wonder about how human - AI friendships might develop. :cool:

The TV show "Mr. Robot" has a character with her own Alexa. I got a kick out of her carrying on a sort of dialog with it. She's one of the FBI agents chasing down FSociety. The actor is one of the daughters of Meryl Streep.

I saw season one of Mr R but wasn't sure whether to watch season 2.

I'm not sure if I understood it correctly. I think there was no F Society, it was the young man all the time and everyone else was just part of his psychosis including his dead Dad ?

Or did I get totally confused ? :confused:

I saw season one of Mr R but wasn't sure whether to watch season 2.

I'm not sure if I understood it correctly. I think there was no F Society, it was the young man all the time and everyone else was just part of his psychosis including his dead Dad ?

Or did I get totally confused ? :confused:

LOL. At times it's VERY difficult to follow. Mr. Robot appears to be Elliott's alter ego...and figment of his imagination. But FSociety appears to be quite real, as does the "Dark Army" who is killing members of FSociety.

I keep seeing commercials on Youtube for the Ehco Dot. It looks cool but I'm not sure it's worth the money.

New Threads

Top Bottom